Third Party Press

New board member needs help with value of K98 take down rifle

Current thread

Thanks to Absolut for pointing out the auction link!
Being this was a copy or gun with major originality issues, we can take some liberty with the rule.

On the importer's mark on single pieces coming into the US, there are none required. Don't let anyone tell the importer otherwise, or you might end up with large engraved marks which basically ruin the value of the piece. I have some experience along those lines myself, most recently importing a P-49 pistol from Switzerland, and others. Importer's marks are for large batches of arms.

On the importer's mark on single pieces coming into the US, there are none required. Don't let anyone tell the importer otherwise, or you might end up with large engraved marks which basically ruin the value of the piece. I have some experience along those lines myself, most recently importing a P-49 pistol from Switzerland, and others. Importer's marks are for large batches of arms.

They are bringing 30-60 guns in per shipment so they have to be import marked. The marks are done by a retired jeweler on a diamond engraver and they don’t look bad. I think because they are done on a jewelers machine they can only be put in certain places.

Attachments

• TEm8pN.jpg
    TEm8pN.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back