Third Party Press

No Longer a Deal

mb44kar

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?39387-Deals-still-exist

This bnz is back up for sale, on GB, at $3k. The rifle is legit as far as we could all tell so it's probably worth a good amount (not $3k for me though), but this just shows you the kind of profit margins people try pull on you after adding nothing of value to the gun and just sitting. Only a few mismatch parts according to the new pics.
Southern is known to be of ill-repute according to some call outs I've seen here, so I have no qualms in calling them out here.

I think it safe to say that in the current environment one must move quickly. I'm less than pleased that bottom feeders are out there using our collector forum for information to exploit Gunbonker auctions and such and to also parrot the info here for ridiculous profits. Some of these bottom feeders also engage in shill bidding. This harms the hobby. The best we can do is call out the humpers and fraud and make sure new guys know that some of these stratospheric auction "sales" are not real and not reflective of the actual market.

True Ham, we're probably not the only ones pointing things out but I like to think we're doing the brunt of the good work. Your turd alert threads and the contributions by others here are great and we've already seen it save some people.

This isn't quite a turd alert since the rifle is not humped (but they DO call it matching when bolt components are not..). More so, I'm saying if you see an item for sale from this seller, Southern Surplus, take the chance on waiting because chances are it's sitting too high and moreover sitting at double or triple what you could get it for elsewhere if you're patient. This seller isn't some God of sourcing parts and guns, they pick off the same scraps we do and we're better off waiting. If this nice bnz sells, even if the sale is real, everyone should know that this was picked up this year for 1/3 the price, so don't let the sticker price here convince you of anything. They weren't sitting on this gem since 1990.

Military Rifle Journal
Back