Third Party Press

ZF4 Mount dissassembly

abrakadabra

Hey all, I have a couple of ZF4 repro mounts that I need to swap parts to make 1 fully functional mount. Any idea how to remove the lever handle + threaded bolt? I've already removed the 'C' shaped tension clip, but do not know how to remove the lever handle..

Looks like it has sprocket teeth. Can a punch be used perhaps to separate the lever handle from bolt? Any ideas?

Hey all, I have a couple of ZF4 repro mounts that I need to swap parts to make 1 fully functional mount. Any idea how to remove the lever handle + threaded bolt? I've already removed the 'C' shaped tension clip, but do not know how to remove the lever handle..

Looks like it has sprocket teeth. Can a punch be used perhaps to separate the lever handle from bolt? Any ideas?

It's called a spline. Just try to rock the handle up & down and it should work itself off of the screw.

It's called a spline. Just try to rock the handle up & down and it should work itself off of the screw.
Appreciate the help Peter! Was a little too stiff to rock all the way off so I got the last bit off with a nylon punch. Mission accomplished [emoji4]

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back