Third Party Press

K98 find

I would pass on it Jimmee. Stock looks suspect and front barrel band has pitting. Wait for other comments but I would continue looking.

What do you guys think of the CE 43 on the WTS? Not to sure with the repair and the “mistake” that he mentions

I believe he's a reputable seller. The repair he mentions is a duffle cut. This is when a GI would cut under the front band to fit into his duffle bag and is a good sign of a bring back war trophy. The mistake he's talking about is the wood being stamped with 850 instead of the matching 860. Something that very well could've happened in the factory.

What do you guys think of the CE 43 on the WTS? Not to sure with the repair and the “mistake” that he mentions

Factory mistakes are known to have happened. Think, if you were a slave laborer in the 11th hour of your 16 hour shift, would you be very concerned with whatever it was you happened to be stamping? It isn't uncommon at all to find mistakes such as seen on the rifle in question.

A bolt m/m or duffle cut rifle is always a good place to start when starting a collection... if otherwise correct it gets a rifle in your hands without breaking the bank to examine and there is no better way to learn. You don't have to get a 10++++ rifle as your first.

Military Rifle Journal
Back