Third Party Press

local finds MP44 and more

stabsfeldwebel2

I was looking for bayonets and have a friend of mine knew a old collector that was selling out of his collection. He have some frogs and to 84/98 that was interesting but he also have some more stuff in the basement that he was trying to sell. i got this 4 pieces. 2 K98 are matching.

Attachments

• DSCN4718.jpg
    DSCN4718.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 263
  • DSCN4721.jpg
    DSCN4721.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 204
  • DSCN4722.jpg
    DSCN4722.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCN4723.jpg
    DSCN4723.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 170
  • DSCN4724.jpg
    DSCN4724.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 175
I'd invite you to come over and tell Swiss people they have to hand over their guns:
[video=youtube;jgYJ5V2HYy4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgYJ5V2HYy4[/video]

What a great purchase! Share some more details on these items. Are all still live/fully working?

What a great purchase! Share some more details on these items. Are all still live/fully working?

Hi A. yes 100% live and fully working.

Attachments

• DSCN4725.jpg
    DSCN4725.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCN4726.jpg
    DSCN4726.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCN4727.jpg
    DSCN4727.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN4728.jpg
    DSCN4728.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCN4729.jpg
    DSCN4729.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCN4730.jpg
    DSCN4730.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCN4731.jpg
    DSCN4731.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 90
  • DSCN4732.jpg
    DSCN4732.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCN4733.jpg
    DSCN4733.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN4736.jpg
    DSCN4736.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 83
I am not aware of European laws very well, is that legal over there and if so - where, and how?

It is funny to see most US people assuming whole Europe having identical gun laws. It is similar to the US where every state has differences to the other one. Except that in Europe the differences are much bigger. In almost every country there is a possibility to own fully automatic guns, some are just extremely strict where there are also some where it is much easier than in all of the US states.

Aside of this: we should be happy this one was not deactivated. Congratulations to such a marvellous piece! Very cool with even the spare parts in the compartment in the stock.

It is funny to see most US people assuming whole Europe having identical gun laws. It is similar to the US where every state has differences to the other one. Except that in Europe the differences are much bigger. In almost every country there is a possibility to own fully automatic guns, some are just extremely strict where there are also some where it is much easier than in all of the US states.

Aside of this: we should be happy this one was not deactivated. Congratulations to such a marvellous piece! Very cool with even the spare parts in the compartment in the stock.

Yea bud, that’s why I asked where. I am curious where in Europe one can own an automatic rifle like the mp44.

Depending on how badly you want to have one, how deep your pockets and how good your connections are, I currently cannot think of an European country where you can't own one.

I would have thought all of them banned rifles like this, perhaps I don’t understand your meaning.

To be honest, I thought America was the only nation where one could own such a weapon.

Switzerland for example has much more liberal gun laws than any US state. Plus Europe usually don't have the "pre 86" thing. Only Germany has similar regulations. Finnland and Luxembourg also are quite liberal when it comes to fully automatic guns. And the largest gun dealer in Europe (if not already worldwide) has hundred thousands fully automatic guns in stock where you can pick from. And I know dealers from non-European countries buying fully automatic guns in the UK from other dealers where most believe UK have one of the strictest gun laws (well, as long as you don't have a dealer license. Sometimes a shortcut to get what you want easier..).

Depending on how badly you want to have one, how deep your pockets and how good your connections are, I currently cannot think of an European country where you can't own one.

here in luxembourg / EUROPE you can own legal full autos . as mp 44 etc.... :hail:

Does that mean you can keep it in your home? Or is it one those situations where you “own it” but it is stored under lock and key somewhere else by someone else?

wasn't Canada like that for a little while where you had to keep you gun in armory? and every time you want to go shooting, or what ever, you had to tell them the place your going and the rout you're taking.

Well if that’s your definition of ownership then you don’t have the liberty you think you do. Maybe just maybe they might let you shoot it occasionally.

wasn't Canada like that for a little while where you had to keep you gun in armory? and every time you want to go shooting, or what ever, you had to tell them the place your going and the rout you're taking.

I'm Canadian. For all realistic purposes full autos are banned in Canada. Now, if you were collecting pre-1990-something then you may have a 'Prohibited license,' which would allow you to own and purchase prohibited firearms (like full autos and pistols under a certain barrel length), but this license basically only grants you the right to keep them in your safe.... that's about it.

At least that's my understanding of it, may be a little more nuanced than that.

And I know dealers from non-European countries buying fully automatic guns in the UK from other dealers where most believe UK have one of the strictest gun laws (well, as long as you don't have a dealer license. Sometimes a shortcut to get what you want easier..).

Only if you are a dealer with a Section 5 license.
You have to have a very compelling business case to be granted a Section 5 dealer licence.

Military Rifle Journal
Back