Third Party Press

1937 bsw b block

Nice find Jory! I don't know much yet, but I do know BSW's are rare. This one looks to be in great shape too. Congrats!

Jory, this is a great rifle in very good condition :thumbsup: One among the rare maker/dates. Thanks for taking the time to show all the details. As you say, this is indeed funny there's no "48" next to the extractor lip (pic), however there's the expected e/4 at the bottom of the extractor slide.

How is the bore ? These pre-war rifles may have shot a lot of ammo, though the 7.91 diameter may lead to a lighter wear of the grooves than 7.9.

If you wish to complete your gallery, I advise you to take pics of the floorplate release button, the follower spring, the rear sight leaf spring and the bolt sleeve lock (pic). Alll of them shall have an e/4, I guess, and they are parts which are often overlooked.

Here is the recent "gallery" of my S/147 1937: http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?43502-Sauer-S-147-1937-block-b-Detailed-pics
I added the extra photos at your advice. Thank you. The bore looks really nice on this rifle especially for a 1937!

A extra thanks to mowzerluvr

I added some extra photos to the post. I really want to thank mowzerluvr for helping me with this rifle and selling me a E/204 bsw marked muzzle cover.... it’s a really cool accessory and one that only a long time bsw collector might have in their stash! Thanks Dave! I added a couple photos of the cover and also of the rifle with the cover installed and a fitting sling for this rifle.

Are you sure they made 98k’s, I’m just not seeing it in their literature?? :biggrin1:

Congrats on the pick up!!

Attachments

• 558FF8BD-73CE-4859-8375-6B3FCD25EBEB.jpg
    558FF8BD-73CE-4859-8375-6B3FCD25EBEB.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 54

Military Rifle Journal
Back