Third Party Press

TURD ALERT > SS BMJ HT with Fake Can

Scope

This guy must have an SS fetish , it seems that most of his Junk is lathered up with the Runes and Dead Head markings .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SCOPE-ZIEL...809500?hash=item56e8da525c:g:5qYAAOSw6ntfhyb~

Buddy, you are making a super expert of yourself and you have no idea about the subject, my telescope with a box was bought in a well-known auction house in Munich and I have a certificate of originality, you are an untrained expert who writes nonsense on the basis of your ignorance! but good luck in making yourself a super expert, I understand that you need it to be appreciated !! I feel sorry for people like you !!!

Oh cool, seems we have the owner finally among us. Please do share a picture of the certificate. I am keen to learn who this expert is!

I bought a similar scope from Herman from Germany for peanuts.i didn't notice the SS engraving for years.see below.
4c80438c9ebcdf95774449995f738eac.jpg

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Buddy, you are making a super expert of yourself and you have no idea about the subject, my telescope with a box was bought in a well-known auction house in Munich and I have a certificate of originality, you are an untrained expert who writes nonsense on the basis of your ignorance! but good luck in making yourself a super expert, I understand that you need it to be appreciated !! I feel sorry for people like you !!!

Mr Roberts is certainly more than competent to critique your scope, etc. Your certificate of originality can be used to wipe your a$$, if it is printed on soft paper. If Dave calls it fake , then most certainly it is fake.

I look forward to watching how this thread spools out so I can learn something. It will be completely transparent, uncensored, and everyone will have their say and presentation of evidence. At the end of it we'll know and the hobby will be better off as a result. :happy0180: This won't be as the "Champagne Rune SS" helmet matter was mishandled (to put it nicely) for so many years, with locked threads and censorship.

I look forward to watching how this thread spools out so I can learn something. It will be completely transparent, uncensored, and everyone will have their say and presentation of evidence. At the end of it we'll know and the hobby will be better off as a result. :happy0180:

Got my bucket of popcorn at the ready.......:biggrin1:

I see you finally took my advise to come and join our forum maybe you can learn something. Such as how to tell Period Original from Post War Fakes that were put together to dupe the UnEducated Collector such as Yourself . Had You taken my advise a year ago instead of waiting so long , You may have figured out why Your SS Marked Scopes are ALL Fake .

Noticed that You used a photo from Robert Spielauer`s Book . I thought I would show You some more detailed photos of the Scope & Mount shown in Robert`s Book as this Scope belongs to me and it is 100% Period Original Set . You should compare Your Post War Scope & Mount to my Original SS SSR Dienstglas Dialytan Scope & Mount . You may notice the vast differences between my original set and Your FAKE set or then again You likely will not , but I dare not hold my breath for outcome to be correct !!!!!!

As to Your Super Expert comment ,I never claimed to be a super expert . You are the one who's deeply in need of doing subject study .

Lastly the only Scopes that had SS Markings are SS Short Side Rail Variants !!!!!!!!!!.
Here is a Link to a Very Informative Website . I suggest You pay a visit too this Website>(https://www.wwiigermansniper.com.) , You may learn something factual about German WW2 Sniper Rifles and Scopes & Mounts

I suggest You pay a visit to our Photo Sticky that has many Original High & Low Turret Rifles and Scopes with Mounts (http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?42742-Turret-Mount-Sniper-Rifles)

The SS did receive factory built Sniper Rifles such as Turret & LSR Sniper Rifles , but they did not then property mark them with SS Runes and Death Heads .

Attachments

• DSC_1054.jpg
    DSC_1054.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC_1055.jpg
    DSC_1055.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC_1056.jpg
    DSC_1056.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_1057.jpg
    DSC_1057.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC_1058.jpg
    DSC_1058.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_1059.jpg
    DSC_1059.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I see you finally took my advise to come and join our forum maybe you can learn something. Such as how to tell Period Original from Post War Fakes that were put together to dupe the UnEducated Collector such as Yourself . Had You taken my advise a year ago instead of waiting so long , You may have figured out why Your SS Marked Scopes are ALL Fake .

Noticed that You used a photo from Robert Spielauer`s Book . I thought I would show You some more detailed photos of the Scope & Mount shown in Robert`s Book as this Scope belongs to me and it is 100% Period Original Set . You should compare Your Post War Scope & Mount to my Original SS SSR Dienstglas Dialytan Scope & Mount . You may notice the vast differences between my original set and Your FAKE set or then again You likely will not , but I dare not hold my breath for outcome to be correct !!!!!!

As to Your Super Expert comment ,I never claimed to be a super expert . You are the one who's deeply in need of doing subject study .

Lastly the only Scopes that had SS Markings are SS Short Side Rail Variants !!!!!!!!!!.
Here is a Link to a Very Informative Website . I suggest You pay a visit too this Website>(https://www.wwiigermansniper.com.) , You may learn something factual about German WW2 Sniper Rifles and Scopes & Mounts

A 100% total SMACK DOWN !!!!!!!

Since I did not get an answer, I would kindly request some more detailed information:
1.) Your post claims your scopes were purchased from a well-known auction company in Munich. Can you name this company or confirm/deny that you are talking on Hermann-Historica? I have not seen the particular scope in question with either of their (here: Hermann-Historica) listings of the last 10 years. It would be good to know the origin and would help you support your claims.
2.) You claim to have a certificate of Originality. Same here, can you let us know who issued/signed this certificate?
3.) Your post ends rather unfriendly towards user Dave Roberts. This forum here is known for culture and discussion at a civilized level. I do know emotions sometimes lets someone write something they would usually not say, but this is no excuse.

Secondly:
I bought a similar scope from Herman from Germany for peanuts.i didn't notice the SS engraving for years.see below.
hhlaw, the scope you picture is not original as well (by that I mean the "SS engravings on the turret are not period correct, of course the scope exists). I'm not sure if by "Herman from Germany" you mean the auction company "Hermann-Historica", or if you mean a private individual with this name that sold rifles and scopes on various internet platforms. Please clear this up.
And once again towards your scope, Dave Roberts has posted pictures of a Hensoldt Dialytan scope from the SS contract. I have one of these as well. Please find attached pictures. Note the very close serial number of the scope to the one from Dave Roberts. Plus also note that my scope does NOT have the Deaths Head as well as the SS runes on it. Not all of the scopes from this (considered) early SS contract have these engravings. Also the very early Ajack scopes from the SS contract did NOT have the "SS Dienstglas" markings on the elevation turret. But to get back to your scope: yours is simply in the wrong serial number block and has the model designation in the wrong place to be correct.

Finally, hhlaw, could it be the case that you were in contact with the Polish seller from eBay who seems to have joined the forum since your questions on this board here show you asking on his scopes, and that you confronted him with the reactions here and this was the reason why he joined the forum with the above reply?

Attachments

• hss01.jpg
    hss01.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 25
  • hss02.jpg
    hss02.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 22
  • hss03.jpg
    hss03.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 26
  • hss04.jpg
    hss04.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 21
  • hss05.jpg
    hss05.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 18
  • hss06.jpg
    hss06.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 19
  • hss07.jpg
    hss07.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 16
  • hss08.jpg
    hss08.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 13

Both Sets are FAKE . The Turret Scope with Base and Can is blatantly Fake and the seller is the person who's completely ignorant of the subject matter . In fact many of his pieces that he's listed at Ebay look as if they came from same fabricator as I have yet to see him sell any Scope Sets that was a period original set . The SS Proofs and WR/RW Proofs are fake/non original proofs as is all other proof marks on this set . The Scope is an original Turret Scope , but it falls into the Low Turret Serial Range not HT , the Rings and Bases are reproductions and the Can appears to be the French Copy !!!!

When I first contacted him he explained that I did not know what I was talking about and that His Granddad was the one who left theses items to him He explained that his Granddad was in the Wehrmacht and given this fact his Granddad would know better than anyone what was Period Original and what was FAKE !!!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SCOPE-ZIEL...809500?hash=item56e8da525c:g:5qYAAOSw6ntfhyb~

Since I did not get an answer, I would kindly request some more detailed information:
1.) Your post claims your scopes were purchased from a well-known auction company in Munich. Can you name this company or confirm/deny that you are talking on Hermann-Historica? I have not seen the particular scope in question with either of their (here: Hermann-Historica) listings of the last 10 years. It would be good to know the origin and would help you support your claims.
2.) You claim to have a certificate of Originality. Same here, can you let us know who issued/signed this certificate?
3.) Your post ends rather unfriendly towards user Dave Roberts. This forum here is known for culture and discussion at a civilized level. I do know emotions sometimes lets someone write something they would usually not say, but this is no excuse.

Secondly:

hhlaw, the scope you picture is not original as well (by that I mean the "SS engravings on the turret are not period correct, of course the scope exists). I'm not sure if by "Herman from Germany" you mean the auction company "Hermann-Historica", or if you mean a private individual with this name that sold rifles and scopes on various internet platforms. Please clear this up.
And once again towards your scope, Dave Roberts has posted pictures of a Hensoldt Dialytan scope from the SS contract. I have one of these as well. Please find attached pictures. Note the very close serial number of the scope to the one from Dave Roberts. Plus also note that my scope does NOT have the Deaths Head as well as the SS runes on it. Not all of the scopes from this (considered) early SS contract have these engravings. Also the very early Ajack scopes from the SS contract did NOT have the "SS Dienstglas" markings on the elevation turret. But to get back to your scope: yours is simply in the wrong serial number block and has the model designation in the wrong place to be correct.

Finally, hhlaw, could it be the case that you were in contact with the Polish seller from eBay who seems to have joined the forum since your questions on this board here show you asking on his scopes, and that you confronted him with the reactions here and this was the reason why he joined the forum with the above reply?
I have never been in contact with anyone from Poland as far as I know. Herman from Germany is or was at least a well-known Advertiser on I think eBay years ago. I only paid two or $300 for the scope and years later completely by accident I discovered the SS markings. I had with difficulty been able to read the SS marking and removed some of the original finish from the scope in order to see what I had. If Herman from Germany had seen these marks he would certainly charge me way more than he did for the scope

Military Rifle Journal
Back