Third Party Press
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: 1943 Single Claw

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Great rifle and photos.....I have to get me a German sniper rifle

  2. #12
    No War Eagles For You! mrfarb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,142

    Default

    Dave took the "Bruce Karem Photo Class" for the book, he took these himself actually! If Dave can do it, anyone can!

    Very nice rifle. I did photoshop them for the thread for him though.
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

  3. #13
    Is that a scope you have in your pocket? Dave Roberts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    Dave took the "Bruce Karem Photo Class" for the book, he took these himself actually! If Dave can do it, anyone can!

    Very nice rifle. I did photoshop them for the thread for him though.

    I have to give credit were credit is due , mrfarb did photo shop the pics for me . Thanks Mike

    I forgot to get a couple pics , which I plan to add . The WaAD36 barrel proof and serial on scope release of rear base and butt plate .
    Last edited by Dave Roberts; 10-17-2020 at 05:21 PM.

  4. #14
    Beavis Moderator Intern mdarnell19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sombra View Post
    Great rifle and photos.....I have to get me a German sniper rifle
    Dot it! They are really cool. Join the dark side.

    By the way, Mike is amazing with Photoshop. Here is what Dave's rifle looked like before Mike worked his magic. The difference is night and day.

    13. 1944 B Block (1).jpg
    Last edited by mdarnell19; 10-17-2020 at 05:45 PM.

  5. #15
    ax - hole Warrior1354's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,529

    Default

    Yes they are haven't done it yet either!
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

    Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

  6. #16
    Is that a scope you have in your pocket? Dave Roberts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdarnell19 View Post
    Dot it! They are really cool. Join the dark side.

    By the way, Mike is amazing with Photoshop. Here is what Dave's rifle looked like before Mike worked his magic. The difference is night and day.

    13. 1944 B Block (1).jpg
    I will never be able to sell it now that everyone knows what it really looks like , Thanks Matt !!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Dave Roberts; 10-18-2020 at 02:40 AM.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,042

    Default

    Dave, it appears to me as if the O prefix on the front scope base left of the serial number is a different one from later stamps (I do not want to raise flags, but to point out different details that in my opinion are important for authentication of other rifles!). Do you have another SC to compare this rifle to or can you give dimensions? Would want to know if this only looks different or if Mahrholdt really used different dies as we have seen from him (like the upside down P for "d"). Thanks!

  8. #18
    Senior Member my66coupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    594

    Default

    Dave, What’s up with the new profile pic? Are you in the shrimpin biz now?

  9. #19
    Is that a scope you have in your pocket? Dave Roberts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by my66coupe View Post
    Dave, What’s up with the new profile pic? Are you in the shrimpin biz now?
    Not quite man , the Chocolate Business !!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •