Third Party Press

1943 Single Claw

Dave Roberts

Is that a scope you have in your pocket?
Staff member
I bought this 1943 Single Claw a few months back from a collector friend and fellow member . He decided to keep the Scope & Rings that he had on this SC because it was the matching Scope & Rings to the SC Rifle that he replaced this one with . Maybe I will get lucky and find the Matching Scope & Rings for this SC !!!!!!! . Best of all IMHO is now there is another SC Scope & Rings reunited with its Matching SC Rifle !!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• rside.jpg
    rside.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 165
  • lside.jpg
    lside.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 149
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 120
  • bands.jpg
    bands.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 139
  • serial.jpg
    serial.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 163
  • rbase.jpg
    rbase.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 158
  • rsight.jpg
    rsight.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 120
  • tguard.jpg
    tguard.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 110
  • keel.jpg
    keel.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 112
  • stockserial.jpg
    stockserial.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 99
  • wa623.jpg
    wa623.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 99
  • boltrear.jpg
    boltrear.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 98
  • boltroot.jpg
    boltroot.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 101
  • boltroot1.jpg
    boltroot1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Proof 2.jpg
    Proof 2.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Proof 3.jpg
    Proof 3.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Very nice rifle Dave. 1943 rifles are very hard to find. Thanks for sharing the high quality pictures.

Dave took the "Bruce Karem Photo Class" for the book, he took these himself actually! If Dave can do it, anyone can!

Very nice rifle. I did photoshop them for the thread for him though.

Dave took the "Bruce Karem Photo Class" for the book, he took these himself actually! If Dave can do it, anyone can!

Very nice rifle. I did photoshop them for the thread for him though.

I have to give credit were credit is due , mrfarb did photo shop the pics for me . Thanks Mike

I forgot to get a couple pics , which I plan to add . The WaAD36 barrel proof and serial on scope release of rear base and butt plate .

Last edited:
Great rifle and photos.....I have to get me a German sniper rifle

Dot it! They are really cool. Join the dark side.

By the way, Mike is amazing with Photoshop. Here is what Dave's rifle looked like before Mike worked his magic. The difference is night and day.

13. 1944 B Block (1).jpg

Last edited:
Dot it! They are really cool. Join the dark side.

By the way, Mike is amazing with Photoshop. Here is what Dave's rifle looked like before Mike worked his magic. The difference is night and day.

View attachment 249929

I will never be able to sell it now that everyone knows what it really looks like , Thanks Matt !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Dave, it appears to me as if the O prefix on the front scope base left of the serial number is a different one from later stamps (I do not want to raise flags, but to point out different details that in my opinion are important for authentication of other rifles!). Do you have another SC to compare this rifle to or can you give dimensions? Would want to know if this only looks different or if Mahrholdt really used different dies as we have seen from him (like the upside down P for "d"). Thanks!

Military Rifle Journal
Back