Third Party Press

Picked up a bunch of old Mausers......

Joezeta

Not in my collecting wheelhouse, Will be fun learning the history of each one ......if only they could talk. Can imagine where they have traveled.

Attachments

• 8C1B6FDD-9C69-4812-B885-3252C00FE5D6.jpg
    8C1B6FDD-9C69-4812-B885-3252C00FE5D6.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 207
  • B4799A9F-3783-4C13-969E-8C8D34392E87.jpg
    B4799A9F-3783-4C13-969E-8C8D34392E87.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 91
  • D612A706-C9B5-4B7C-9D31-F1C971423CB1.jpg
    D612A706-C9B5-4B7C-9D31-F1C971423CB1.jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Not in my collecting wheelhouse, Will be fun learning the history of each one ......if only they could talk. Can imagine where they have traveled.

post better pictures if you expect help, show each rifle separately show top of receiver bolt area, stock for starters

post better pictures if you expect help, show each rifle separately show top of receiver bolt area, stock for starters

Thanks was just sharing .......not necessarily looking for help. Tried posting 10 photos but I believe they were too large. Danzig was one I recall off top of my head I believe 2 are german ww1, small one is Brazilian. Another Czech ...will try and reduce photo size and add to post.

Attachments

• B5B12EE7-9760-46C8-A155-85E785B963FE.jpg
    B5B12EE7-9760-46C8-A155-85E785B963FE.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 91
I’m sure everyone would be interested in checking out the 98b closer if you get the chance.

Thanks was just sharing .......not necessarily looking for help. Tried posting 10 photos but I believe they were too large. Danzig was one I recall off top of my head I believe 2 are german ww1, small one is Brazilian. Another Czech ...will try and reduce photo size and add to post.

I like looking at all Mausers. If you find the time I would like to see a few more pics.

The 98b looks interesting, the Danzig hard to say, but I agree all four should be posted (though the two German rifles probably best in the forum for Republican-interwar rifles, and the two non-German to the forum for contract rifles or perhaps Gunboards... they are ok here too, or the interwar forum but better responses may be had elsewhere.)

I will move this to the interwar-Republic forum due to the fact both German rifles are better fits for that forum, especiallythe 98b, which looks to have some potential. While d-blocks are more common than prior blocks, a d-block is still far from common (though condition makes a huge difference)

The 98b looks interesting, the Danzig hard to say, but I agree all four should be posted (though the two German rifles probably best in the forum for Republican-interwar rifles, and the two non-German to the forum for contract rifles or perhaps Gunboards... they are ok here too, or the interwar forum but better responses may be had elsewhere.)

I will move this to the interwar-Republic forum due to the fact both German rifles are better fits for that forum, especiallythe 98b, which looks to have some potential. While d-blocks are more common than prior blocks, a d-block is still far from common (though condition makes a huge difference)

Thank you, was not really sure where they belong...first I am hearing of interwar-republic.....will be interesting to learn.

The Danzig has been upgraded, or seemingly so, and it is probable less than original to its Imperial state... even if all German modifications, it has been through a depot at least, possibly foreign, but single or two pictures it is pure guessing, - but most upgraded have other modifications so best in the interwar forum. The 98b is probably 1927-1928, certainly not Imperial at all. Though it is fine to have them posted elsewhere but most appropriate here.

The Danzig has been upgraded, or seemingly so, and it is probable less than original to its Imperial state... even if all German modifications, it has been through a depot at least, possibly foreign, but single or two pictures it is pure guessing, - but most upgraded have other modifications so best in the interwar forum. The 98b is probably 1927-1928, certainly not Imperial at all. Though it is fine to have them posted elsewhere but most appropriate here.

Thank you. I made a separate post on the Danzig with photos.

Military Rifle Journal
Back