Third Party Press

Thread: Picked up a bunch of old Mausers......

Default Picked up a bunch of old Mausers......

Not in my collecting wheelhouse, Will be fun learning the history of each one ......if only they could talk. Can imagine where they have traveled.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Joezeta; 10-18-2020 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joezeta View Post
    Not in my collecting wheelhouse, Will be fun learning the history of each one ......if only they could talk. Can imagine where they have traveled.
    post better pictures if you expect help, show each rifle separately show top of receiver bolt area, stock for starters

Quote Originally Posted by sprat View Post
    post better pictures if you expect help, show each rifle separately show top of receiver bolt area, stock for starters

Thanks was just sharing .......not necessarily looking for help. Tried posting 10 photos but I believe they were too large. Danzig was one I recall off top of my head I believe 2 are german ww1, small one is Brazilian. Another Czech ...will try and reduce photo size and add to post.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Iím sure everyone would be interested in checking out the 98b closer if you get the chance.
    Looking for commercials

Quote Originally Posted by Joezeta View Post
    Thanks was just sharing .......not necessarily looking for help. Tried posting 10 photos but I believe they were too large. Danzig was one I recall off top of my head I believe 2 are german ww1, small one is Brazilian. Another Czech ...will try and reduce photo size and add to post.
    I like looking at all Mausers. If you find the time I would like to see a few more pics.

The 98b looks interesting, the Danzig hard to say, but I agree all four should be posted (though the two German rifles probably best in the forum for Republican-interwar rifles, and the two non-German to the forum for contract rifles or perhaps Gunboards... they are ok here too, or the interwar forum but better responses may be had elsewhere.)

I will move this to the interwar-Republic forum due to the fact both German rifles are better fits for that forum, especiallythe 98b, which looks to have some potential. While d-blocks are more common than prior blocks, a d-block is still far from common (though condition makes a huge difference)

Quote Originally Posted by Loewe View Post
    The 98b looks interesting, the Danzig hard to say, but I agree all four should be posted (though the two German rifles probably best in the forum for Republican-interwar rifles, and the two non-German to the forum for contract rifles or perhaps Gunboards... they are ok here too, or the interwar forum but better responses may be had elsewhere.)

I will move this to the interwar-Republic forum due to the fact both German rifles are better fits for that forum, especiallythe 98b, which looks to have some potential. While d-blocks are more common than prior blocks, a d-block is still far from common (though condition makes a huge difference)

Thank you, was not really sure where they belong...first I am hearing of interwar-republic.....will be interesting to learn.

The Danzig has been upgraded, or seemingly so, and it is probable less than original to its Imperial state... even if all German modifications, it has been through a depot at least, possibly foreign, but single or two pictures it is pure guessing, - but most upgraded have other modifications so best in the interwar forum. The 98b is probably 1927-1928, certainly not Imperial at all. Though it is fine to have them posted elsewhere but most appropriate here.

Quote Originally Posted by Loewe View Post
    The Danzig has been upgraded, or seemingly so, and it is probable less than original to its Imperial state... even if all German modifications, it has been through a depot at least, possibly foreign, but single or two pictures it is pure guessing, - but most upgraded have other modifications so best in the interwar forum. The 98b is probably 1927-1928, certainly not Imperial at all. Though it is fine to have them posted elsewhere but most appropriate here.

Thank you. I made a separate post on the Danzig with photos.