Third Party Press

Rough Forged Update 23 OCT 20

Darrin

Fellow Collectors,

Rough Forged, the long awaited revision of Hitler's Garands, was scheduled to be available in late September/early October. many of you placed orders via the publisher's website www.frontsightpostpublishing.com and I thank you. Some of you pre-ordered early and you have been waiting a long time. Received message that the printing company in Waco will have Rough Forged in my hands Wednesday, 28 OCT 20. This is a bit of a delay due to COVID and such but I feel that we are very near to shipping. As soon as I get them I will start signing and getting them out to you. Again, I thank you all for your patience, and all of your help over the last 25 or so years.

In the meantime, Jason our web developer, has posted a good deal of info on the site, as well as the facebook site:

https://m.facebook.com/FrontSightPostPublishing/

I want to thank Dave here as well for being one of my fiends and mentors over the years, hosting this forum, and also finally letting me change my ID and password so I could post updates like an adult.

Warm regards,

W. Darrin Weaver

Attachments

• Snip1.JPG
    Snip1.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 86
Obviously this is not my forum / but Darrin had me post the same post on my forum.

He is very busy trying to stay ahead of the virus here in Texas, where he has been tasked with setting up National Guard assets to support state medical response.

Last edited:
Look forward to getting my hands on this! Any delays and issues will be worth the wait, we all appreciate you working to get this book out to us in these crazy times!

Dang, I mixed up my forums. Apologies all around! :facepalm:

Now, Dave, can I get my password reset on your forum...?!?

Take care all,

Darrin

Same here just received the email that my order shipped.
I can't wait to see it.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Guys, I remember when Darrin first began his study on the G/K 43 rifles. He was a young Captain then and an active duty Army Physician Assistant. That was 30 years ago.

I remember him coming to my home, and me, going to his home to take photos of different guns. Darrin has always been a perfectionist. His research, and attention to detail, is just amazing.

I'm sure you will learn a great deal from the new revised 2 volume opus, and you will find it worth every cent you spend on it.

Anyone have a tracking number attached to the email? Given the current shipping climate I would really like to know where my book is. I am guessing it is going USPS media mail? Could show up in one day or one month.

Rough Forged is shipping now to you

Gents,

I have started shipping out books. Began with the folks who helped finance this by paying early way back in August. Have sent out ca. 150 so far, more getting to the PO each day. Really appreciate your support and hope you're pleased. Watch your mail boxes!

Tracking- each set has a tracking number. But, I don't get that number until after the fact. Last year, I peeled off a sticker, placed it on the package, placed another on a sheet of paper and wrote your name next to it- before it ever shipped. Now the PO just gives you a receipt with the zip code mailed to and the number. The payment processor allows us to send you an email, but when that button is pushed we don't yet know the tracking number. But, rest assured we have the numbers if there are problems. If you get the email, that means the package was delivered to the PO. I will be curious to see how long these are taking to reach you guys.

Warm regards,

W. Darrin Weaver

www.frontsightpostpublishing.com
www.historicalparts.com

Attachments

• IMG_1057.jpg
    IMG_1057.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1054.jpg
    IMG_1054.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1055.jpg
    IMG_1055.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 46
Darrin, thanks for personally taking the time to reach out to us! And thank you for your continuing years of service. I just retired myself from the Air Force in September after 20 years.

I’m really looking forward to the book set! I keep checking my email for the shipping notification haha.

Thanks for the update Darrin. I was order number 10031 and received the "has shipped" email on Tuesday, 3 November. Looking up the road for the mail truck ......

The tracking number showed up on my USPS Informed Delivery. Looks like it will be here Monday....but it is currently at the regional USPS location where packages seem to take a week extra. We will see.

Received mine yesterday. I live an hour and a half south of Darrin.

It will take a while to go through. Be prepared to loose track of time once in hand!!

Outstanding.

Paul

Military Rifle Journal
Back