Third Party Press

G43 K43 magazines

This magazine is made by Olympia Buromaschinenwerke and is marked "aye" and "G43"

I have yet to see another "G43" marked aye with a " + " sign...all others Ive seen are "K43" marked

just picked it up

Another odd ball Olympia Buromaschinenwerke and is marked "aye" and "K43"

see the stampings

Ive seen some with faint "aye" "K43" and or waffenamts, but never like this one

Excellent original "gcb" Grohman u Sohn Ad Metallwarenfabrik

late three rib floor plate....most three ribbed FPs I see are on gcb magazines

Last edited:
Ribs in or out

I have two mags one is gcb K43 and the other is awj k43. My question is this. On the floor plate do the ribs face into the magazine or face out? They will assemble either way. The awj has the k on the plate and the other one does not. thanks

Here is my phosphated gcb marked mag, this one has a blued floor plate marked with a k.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 102
Thanks for the post.

Phopshated gcb mags are always a intersting topic. Many believe that they do not exist and were only painted black on top of phosphate. I feel most phosphated gcb mags are actually just stripped of all of their paint, leaving a phosphate finish underneath. Look for paint remains on the inside and in the nooks and crannies on the subject mag.

This mag appears to be re-finished, from the pic anyways.

Now, do gcb phosphated mags exist...I think they may.

Maybe others can chime in.

gcb

Thanks for the post.

Phopshated gcb mags are always a intersting topic. Many believe that they do not exist and were only painted black on top of phosphate. I feel most phosphated gcb mags are actually just stripped of all of their paint, leaving a phosphate finish underneath. Look for paint remains on the inside and in the nooks and crannies on the subject mag.

This mag appears to be re-finished, from the pic anyways.

Now, do gcb phosphated mags exist...I think they may.

Maybe others can chime in.

One of the things that clouds the debate is mags like the one above that has obviously been stripped of the black paint and refinished. The phosphate under the paint is usually pretty smooth on black painted gcb's. It is very easy to strip the paint and leave just the phosphate. Were there a few sitting around near the end that never got painted ??? My opinion is the ones that got shipped out to rifle assemblers were painted. What was left at the mag maker ... who knows ?

CRH113, a gcb mag with original thin phosphate finish for comparison. Whether or not this one had its paint removed at some point is anyone's guess.

Attachments

• tn_Mag Left.jpg
    tn_Mag Left.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 97
  • tn_Mag Right.jpg
    tn_Mag Right.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Ryan,

Looks identical to the one I have. Same finish to some late war MP44 mags. On mine, no evidence of paint being stripped anyplace, inside or out.

Now, is this just a stripped of paint mag, factory unfinished, or intended to be issued like this? We may never know.

CRH113, a gcb mag with original thin phosphate finish for comparison. Whether or not this one had its paint removed at some point is anyone's guess.

Woah, that is a lot brighter than my magazine, I don't know when my magazine would have had the paint stripped off and then re-phosphated because the person I bought it from bought it from the veteran who brought it home and the guy I bought it from hasn't done anything to it. Here are some more pictures, on the back of the magazine there is a black substance just above the floor plate, it isn't paint and doesn't have a uniform thickness to it. Also, if it was re-phosphated wouldn't it cover up the marks made by the spot welds?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 101
More pictures....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 63
I also have a super nice gcb K.43 mag, with blued "k" stamped floorplate. No evidence of paint on mine either. I wish I could post a pic but right now I can't.

Yeah, that's also a way to tell if it's re-done or not. Mine has those darker "splotches" at the more hardened areas on my mag as well.

AYE WaB43 with Very Light Striked K43

Phosphate Finish: Dark Gray with a Greenish to Gray Follower

Came off an AC45 Vet. Bring Back. 63XXc

There is some discussion of whether these late phosphate magazines have been stripped and reposphated. IMHO--not knowing much--it appears to be originally phosphated. If you look at the rear of the mag where the sheet metal is joined and where the mag locks into the magwell there is finish loss with a noticeable color difference between the phosphate finish and the bare mag.

Any more Info?

How rare are these?

Attachments

• K43 MAG_AYE_01_COMPRESSED.jpg
    K43 MAG_AYE_01_COMPRESSED.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 22
  • K43 MAG_AYE_02_COMPRESSED.jpg
    K43 MAG_AYE_02_COMPRESSED.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 23
  • K43 MAG_AYE_03_COMPRESSED.jpg
    K43 MAG_AYE_03_COMPRESSED.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 21
  • K43 MAG_AYE_04_COMPRESSED.jpg
    K43 MAG_AYE_04_COMPRESSED.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 24
  • K43 MAG_AYE_05_COMPRESSED.jpg
    K43 MAG_AYE_05_COMPRESSED.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 24
  • K43 MAG_AYE_06_COMPRESSED.jpg
    K43 MAG_AYE_06_COMPRESSED.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 16
  • K43 MAG_AYE_07_COMPRESSED.jpg
    K43 MAG_AYE_07_COMPRESSED.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 17
  • K43 MAG_AYE_08_COMPRESSED.jpg
    K43 MAG_AYE_08_COMPRESSED.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 16
  • K43 MAG_AYE_09_COMPRESSED.jpg
    K43 MAG_AYE_09_COMPRESSED.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 15
  • K43 MAG_AYE_10_COMPRESSED.jpg
    K43 MAG_AYE_10_COMPRESSED.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 14
  • K43 MAG_AYE_11_COMPRESSED.jpg
    K43 MAG_AYE_11_COMPRESSED.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 18
  • K43 MAG_AYE_12_COMPRESSED.jpg
    K43 MAG_AYE_12_COMPRESSED.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 15
I have accumulated four of these aye-marked, phosphate finish magazines over the years, one of which is a "light strike" version. When I first acquired it, I believed that the "K43" was actually missing until I put it under magnification.

Attachments

• 20200922_123529.jpg
    20200922_123529.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 20200922_123716.jpg
    20200922_123716.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 20200922_123609.jpg
    20200922_123609.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 27
While searching for other items, I came across numerous G-43 mags for sale.So the going auction/website price is $225-250 a magazine. damn that's almost MP-44 mag prices

wow old enough to remember when the pouches were more expensive that the mags ( yes I know why)

While searching for other items, I came across numerous G-43 mags for sale.So the going auction/website price is $225-250 a magazine. damn that's almost MP-44 mag prices

wow old enough to remember when the pouches were more expensive that the mags ( yes I know why)

LOL, send me the link to these auctions !!! Everything I see is going for $350 and above depending on what maker and condition.

Military Rifle Journal
Back