Third Party Press

Swedish Mauser 1915 dated

jim8olot

Hi - just wondering what the verdict is on this scoped swedish 6.5 x 55 - it's reported to have a 3-power AGA M/42 scope is numbered "974" and is said to have an original front sight hood and a set of leather scope covers - does this look like the real deal?

Attachments

• 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 26481_0.jpg
    26481_0.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 37
This is a little outside the purview of this forum. Primary focus is german.

That being said it looks ok to me.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Looks good to me. Nearly all of these are mismatched. So if it’s 100% matching just double check everything.

It looks quite good.. it has the correct ssr Mount, the aga42 scope was a precursor to the aga44 (more simple design).. Not as good as the ajack scopes that were delivered to Sweden by Germany in 41 and 42 (~4000 total). The aga scopes were much less in number than the ajack scoped M41’s but were used after Germany’s contract ran out in late 42. The rifle itself looks good; bolt in white (correct) which is different than the m41/B upgrade where the bolt was in blue. The mount had the set screws with mounting screws... correct. The stock disc is present which is always cool and can be interpreted. The front sight is a sniper sight but really for the m/41B. The m/41 was not issued with a front sight protector.. however you will see some today with them in place. The aga44 is the least common of all the variants and obviously the hardest to find... Check all the small parts and stock to see if matched.

It's the B model that are mostly mismatched. The m/41 with the AGA42s were surpluses in the mid to late 50s. The Bs with the German Ajack scopes were rebuilt in 1955 and continued in service till the 90s.

Yours looks slick to me.

My buddy alund who posted has the nicest m/41 on the planet which I bought off of him and then sold it back a few years later.

It's the B model that are mostly mismatched. The m/41 with the AGA42s were surpluses in the mid to late 50s. The Bs with the German Ajack scopes were rebuilt in 1955 and continued in service till the 90s.

Yours looks slick to me.

My buddy alund who posted has the nicest m/41 on the planet which I bought off of him and then sold it back a few years later.

Good to see you are still here mike... hope all is well on your move of recent... btw I got my AGA 44 scope cleaned and it now has a clear lens to view through. Quite pleased with it now.
Stay safe
-A

Good to see you are still here mike... hope all is well on your move of recent... btw I got my AGA 44 scope cleaned and it now has a clear lens to view through. Quite pleased with it now.
Stay safe
-A
You taking good care of the m41 Andy? :laugh:

Getting out of Memphis was one of the best moves I ever made.

My whole collection is safe and sound. I will be receiving a Singapore police force rifle (Gustafs) soon from a member here... I’ll post when it arrives into the country...

Military Rifle Journal
Back