Third Party Press

DDL 40 marking

POssible Su/25 a refurbishment older flashguard that was used on that piece by refurbishment, or replaced by waffenmeister of the unit, as the origin flashguard was damaged.

POssible Su/25 a refurbishment older flashguard that was used on that piece by refurbishment, or replaced by waffenmeister of the unit, as the origin flashguard was damaged.

Thanks!
Any literature aveliable on this subject or other known excamples?

Last edited:
Spandau 25 is well known inspection proof, is mentioned by various rifles in Karabiner 98k trilogy of Mike Steves and Bruce Karem, i assume in some bayonets books too, You should look here for S84/98 bayonet made by WuK 1927 i assume some of them are too Su25 proofed.

As Andrej stated a known inspection proof found on S98/05 and S84/98 (aA, nA, reworks and Third Reich period) as well as other models. There are other Su proofs as well including Su58 as an example. Discussed and with examples photographed in a number of reference works. German Bayonets I and II by Anthony Carter. The German S84/98 Bayonet Volume I: 1908-1933 by Bruce Karem. Seitengewehr: History of the German Bayonet 1919-1945 by George T. Wheeler and probably others.

Military Rifle Journal
Back