Third Party Press

Ce 41, Yay or Nay? $800

waw44

I have this on hold, and I'm having doubts. Yes, I know stock has been sanded, although it still still matching serials on it.

Attachments

• k98_1.JPG
    k98_1.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 154
  • k98_2.JPG
    k98_2.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 147
  • k98_3.JPG
    k98_3.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 121
  • k98_4.JPG
    k98_4.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 117
  • k98_5.JPG
    k98_5.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 107
  • k98_6.JPG
    k98_6.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 84
If you buy it, don't expect to be able to sell it easily. Rifles that are this poor condition don't move very fast, you have to find just the right guy.

What Farb said. It looks wanked pretty hard. Looks like a poor cold blue job and shellacked stock was stripped.

If you buy it, don't expect to be able to sell it easily. Rifles that are this poor condition don't move very fast, you have to find just the right guy.

Not expecting to sell, but then never say never. Looking for a shooter first, and it being matching is secondary. Given this or a RC with much better finish for $750, perhaps I should say Nay and get the RC... or just wait.

BSW barrel, common in this range, but still neat..

I agree nay based upon condition, but an rc? I would wait and have the $800 in ready for an opportunity, - a rc is not an opportunity at $800, that is a premeditated blunder and waste of $800. No rc is worth $800 unless it is some sort of code rarity that a collector needs to fill an impossible hole. A BSW/36 or a like rarity that hasn't been given the full rc treatment.

Often a great deal comes down to having the money at the right time, if I learned anything over the last 40 years collecting rifles, it is not to settle just to get a rifle, being very deliberate is more important unless you have plenty of dough to throw around (otherwise you will end up with 20 problem rifles that only Jethro Clampett could be proud of instead of 8-10 rifles that compliment one another...)

Why do you think this is an RC? Matching bolt and stock #s. Current owner claims it was sanded by someone, although matching #s still remain on the stock.

BSW barrel, common in this range, but still neat..

I agree nay based upon condition, but an rc? I would wait and have the $800 in ready for an opportunity, - a rc is not an opportunity at $800, that is a premeditated blunder and waste of $800. No rc is worth $800 unless it is some sort of code rarity that a collector needs to fill an impossible hole. A BSW/36 or a like rarity that hasn't been given the full rc treatment.

Often a great deal comes down to having the money at the right time, if I learned anything over the last 40 years collecting rifles, it is not to settle just to get a rifle, being very deliberate is more important unless you have plenty of dough to throw around (otherwise you will end up with 20 problem rifles that only Jethro Clampett could be proud of instead of 8-10 rifles that compliment one another...)

Never implied it was a rc, - the question replied to was this ce/41 or an rc, I say both are a poor "opportunity" at $800.

I think it was actually jethro Bodine! He was Jed clampet’s nephew. Of course, he was the son of Max Baer, who famously defeated Max Schmelling, who of course served as a fallschirmjager during the war.....what do they say about six degrees?

John, Probably right, I liked the Beverly Hillbillies growing up, but don't remember all their character names, - I didn't know he was related to the boxer. These days "comedy" relies on filth, depravity and mockery, especially of traditional themes. I still recall the airing of All in the Family, I couldn't believe the things they covered, - though hilarious, I suspect that was the harbinger of things to come, and I am not sure it was entirely worthwhile, but it does reflect the decay of our society well... which history has shown is inevitable and certain (which I am certain Biden will hasten, buckle up!)

Ellie May says save your $ for a better rifle, dag nabbit!

Attachments

• 64747B8D-7CA2-4867-9F68-AFFCB0BD509D.jpeg
    64747B8D-7CA2-4867-9F68-AFFCB0BD509D.jpeg
    173.1 KB · Views: 47
If you’re having doubts about it, irrespective of condition because you already know the woods been messed with, but instead doubts about whether or not you’d be satisfied with it after the purchase, that’s usually a good sign to move on and pass on an item. This for me applies to a helmet, gun, car, t-shirt or nearly any other item for that matter. $800 Is a great start towards a bolt mm or other untouched rifle.

Military Rifle Journal
Back