Third Party Press
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Behoerden Rg34: Photo Array

Much appreciate the additional photos, Peter. Looks like a pair...no, now that I see your third DRP Rg34, three aces to me...or rather FOUR DRP Kits...a winning hand! I have a first-pattern chain sans any markings as well, with my guess it being from Appel.
    Last edited by pwcosol; 11-26-2020 at 03:55 PM.

Default DRP Ffm

This Rg34 also has the RGK with the fish hooks. Unfortunately one hook was broken along the way and it is missing its HKW.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Peter

wtb: bnz single claw sniper scope with rings.

"History is always written by the victor and the histories of the losing parties belong to the shrinking circle of those who were there" Jochen Peiper.

Default DRP Schw

A couple more pictures of this one from post #11
    -Peter

"History is always written by the victor and the histories of the losing parties belong to the shrinking circle of those who were there" Jochen Peiper.

Default ChdA W

My ChdA W marked Rg34 has the contents for a .22 caliber. The RGK is of the early style with the fish hooks.
    -Peter

You have a most excellent collection Peter ....

Quote Originally Posted by Slash View Post
    Thought there might be value in adding to the pwcosol information. I have identified three markings used by Gustav Appel in 1935. Without question there are also unmarked cans made by Appel in 1935 and probably 1934. The 1935 dates that I have recorded are as follows:

- G. APPEL 1935 (one line)

- G. APPEL > 1935 (two line)

- G. Appel > 1935 (two line - thin font)

- G. Appel > 1935 (two line)

Have placed these in the order (top to bottom) I feel they were applied or utilized. The small uppercase letters in one line being the first marking. Followed by the larger uppercase letters over 1935 in two lines. Which evolved into the upper and lowercase letters over 1935 marking. This style became the "standard" marking configuration for the next several years with only the date changing.
    After reviewing Peter S' excellent photos of his DRP Schw kit, the post above regarding the different styles of G. Appel markings for 1935 clearly needs to be revised. See pic below of the G. Appel > 1935 in thin font marking. Very similar font as found on the all uppercase G. APPEL > 1935 but with a mixture of capital and small letters. I have placed this marking style as third in the above list (revised) before the "standard" marking which is nearly identical but in a thicker font. Also note the dot or period behind the Appel in this stamping. This is found on some but not all of the cans with this marking. The meaning is unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Amberg View Post
    I remember a discussion about the DRP Schw stamp. What was the final conclusion? Schweinfurt or Schwerin? Thanks Wolfgang
    I believe the consensus was Schweinfurt.