Third Party Press

New (to me) bcd K43

Nevins

All,

Recently picked up this K43 from an older fellow who was looking to pass it off to a new home as it has been gathering dust in his gun safe for the last 50 odd years are so. His backstory for it is that its a vet bring back (there are no import marks of any kind) that he bought from a friend back in the 60s and it has just sat in his safe unfired for quite awhile now. It appears that it is missing the extractor, so I was posting it here to maybe fill in a little of my own understanding of the rifle and confirming what parts I will need to order apart from a shooters kit.

I took a couple pictures on the back porch, let me know if you need to see any more.

https://imgur.com/a/2mxXT6H

Wow

Looks like you scored big. That looks like a bcd that is untouched. Do not clean or alter it...Wipe it down.

The extractor does not look to be missing.
I would not shoot this one...

Take some better pics of stock proofs, and receiver SN..and bolt group. Watch for spring when you disassemble the bolt

Last edited:
Alright I'll plan on tearing it apart and getting those uploaded tomorrow. Thanks for the info supplied already, it's a pretty neat piece of history that I'm not terribly qualified to identify.

(bcd) Gustloff G.43’s are very rare. It looks really nice. It also looks like a super early one (#447 ?).

I also think that if this is an untouched rifle to not shoot it. Way too rare.

I know you will ignore the advice given above so I will repeat This is not shooter that means not at all, its a safe queen. do not clean or shoot it

Extractor is shown on the picture you have! do you mean ejector? that's on the left side, slide bolt open and locked. legit hood as well.:thumbsup:

Extractor is shown on the picture you have! do you mean ejector? that's on the left side, slide bolt open and locked. legit hood as well.:thumbsup:

Unfortunately that was a typo, I meant the extractor spring, which does appear to be missing as the extractor is just kind of flopping around. Screw is in place but no tension etc.

I know you will ignore the advice given above so I will repeat This is not shooter that means not at all, its a safe queen. do not clean or shoot it

1000 LRP or the k43 gets it.

Kidding. You have mentioned not cleaning it a couple times, do you mean something specific? The most I usually do with my rifles is hoppes and Q tips are you getting at there being an issue with using modern cleaning solvents on the gun? How do we prevent rust/etc even in a safe with a dehumidifier?

Just clean the bore for long storage, oil receiver and bolt. Leave the stock alone. Just ask If you need help on disassembly.

Very nice, Its a complete parts gun, put in new recoil springs and shooter gas kit and enjoy it!

Military Rifle Journal
Back