Third Party Press

Why do people keep buying these?

They buy them because they are not informed about the authenticity or more accurately the originality of the Mitchell’s guns. They may not be aware of THIS forum or of the excellent series of books by Mike and Steve. They literally don’t know what they don’t know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly what 1903 said. When I started my K98k journey a few months ago, I was attracted to MM because they seemed like a quality company. It's easy to fall into the trap, as they look nice and they come with fancy terms like "collectors grade" and such. Those kinds of things go a long way in fooling the masses that just want a K98k and would never venture to a site like this.

When I was a teenager 15+ years ago just getting into surplus, I remember badly wanting a K98K rifle. When you googled "k98k mauser" or "buy k98 mauser", one of the first things that popped up was "mauser.org"(Mitchells Mausers), the website looked very professional(it's aged now) and seemed like big time collectors ran it. Thankfully my budget did not allow me to purchase one which gave me the time to keep researching and discover the sham.

MM buyers tend to be a mix of the young/impatient who do not want to do research and the very old who shun technology/internet like a vampire being offered garlic toast. If the group had a motto, I can't help but think it would be "ignorance is bliss".

They are spending all their money on a MM, it's less competition for us.

How have they not had a class action suit filed against them for false advertising, theft by deception, or anything else related to their shady business practices.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I have always wondered how many what may have been fairly good rifles they (MM) have ruined over the years.

I have always wondered how many what may have been fairly good rifles they (MM) have ruined over the years.

With their adverts and the many that have popped up over the years, I’d venture to guess in the 10’s of thousands, maybe even higher than 100,000 rifles. That’s so many honest RC’s and even others that were destroyed, they might as well have been sporterized....

With their adverts and the many that have popped up over the years, I’d venture to guess in the 10’s of thousands, maybe even higher than 100,000 rifles. That’s so many honest RC’s and even others that were destroyed, they might as well have been sporterized....

So were they (MM) were buying up RC's in bulk?

Actually I made a hobby out of restoring spoterized GI bring backs for my own enjoyment and satisfaction in knowing I am saving them as much as I can.

Okay, was going to post about this auction. Glad everyone else noticed this as uniformed bidding as well. Of note, doesn't look like its a MM, just a CAI imported Russian Capture.

Military Rifle Journal
Back