Third Party Press

Looking for some help

mnguy62

If anyone has an idea what the purple cross on the cover and page 2 indicate I'd appreciate if You could let me know. Never ran across that before. Thanks in advance for any time spent in response. Very appreciated!

Attachments

• + Cover.jpg
    + Cover.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 33
  • + inside.jpg
    + inside.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 61
It means he died. I think the main word is sterban but I’m not sure what the word written there is. But the date is his death date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

It means he died. I think the main word is sterban but I’m not sure what the word written there is. But the date is his death date.

Very appreciated. Do You think he could have been a KIA or would this be some other cause?

KIA or?

Any idea if this would indicate if he was a KIA or would it be some other cause? Thanks again for any response. Very appreciated!

Sometimes there are entries that explain the death inside the book, you’d need to post photos from the rest. Gefallen is the word for killed in action though.

He most likely died of natural causes or an accident, most likely he wasn't even on active duty.

Page scan cause of death

Page 12 shows what I think indicates some type duty in 1939. He would have been 44 years old. Page 34 must be cause of death and date?

Attachments

• Duty Record Pg 12.jpg
    Duty Record Pg 12.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Inside Scan Pg 34 .jpg
    Inside Scan Pg 34 .jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 14
He passed away at home (not in active service) and a death certificate was sent to his local draft office that closed his Wehrpaß.

Military Rifle Journal
Back