Third Party Press

Mitchell’s Mausers questions

i would have bought stuff from them if they just sold them as russian captures instead of letting bubba get to them in a mass production form

Mitchell K98K

For more details and pictures of Mitchell's K98k fakes, I discuss them here and later I show some close up of the faked fonts and renumbering. An older post but there are 13 pages, SEE my SRF link http://www.surplusrifleforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1911
They also sold Yugo M48A Mausers. This above info is for people new to K98ks , most of the members on this forum are the experts, and I am thankful for all the information you provide.
Also note, SRF has updated from .com to .org if you need to find it.

Last edited:
Seems like quite a few of the MM rifles have been showing up, maybe its just people un loading them for Christmas money or they are watching the price of real correct rifles and figure their pimp specials will bring big $$. I seem to recall another outfit that was refurbishing them also, think it was MilTech. Don't think they were as pimped as MM.

..another outfit that was refurbishing them also, think it was MilTech. Don't think they were as pimped as MM.

They're easier on the buffer wheel madness than MM, BUT they are more dangerous in a way as they try to encourage you to send in Pappy's old rifle so they can do their magic. Every single bringback someone sends in is gone forever. Just my opinion of course.

They're easier on the buffer wheel madness than MM, BUT they are more dangerous in a way as they try to encourage you to send in Pappy's old rifle so they can do their magic. Every single bringback someone sends in is gone forever. Just my opinion of course.

I agree and that makes me cringe at the thought. At least MM started out with RC junk. :googlie

I have also seen an increase of these MM rifles coming up for sale. When you see the money they are getting for them you will understand why. Some people just do not care to do any research and only ask questions AFTER they buy. Such is life. We all have to learn sometime.

I have also seen an increase of these MM rifles coming up for sale. When you see the money they are getting for them you will understand why. Some people just do not care to do any research and only ask questions AFTER they buy. Such is life. We all have to learn sometime.

I agree, but there are probably plenty of people out there who don't realize that there is even research to be done in the first place. They don't know that these rifles have a long history of changing hands and being altered and it never crosses their mind that something might not be right. They just see what's advertised as an original German rifle and jump on it.

I guess it would be naive of a milsurp collector to not ever think something may have been done to a rifle since refurbishing and messing with them is common among most if not all surplus guns, but I'm sure there are brand new collectors out there that got roped into Mitchell's advertising. He was very careful with his wording. He made these rifles sound like a dream come true for a beginner collector who really wanted a German rifle.

That's insane. More money than sense. Even if you REALLY wanted a MM you could certainly get one cheaper than those prices.

1idY0wG.gif

I don't know what you guys are all so upset about... this wasn't just any Mitchell's Mauser... This Mitchell's Mauser was PREMIUM GRADE. It says so in the ad!

I feel like an idiot for just buying a matching S/42 for 2k, should have saved my money and bought this instead! :facepalm:

I don't know what you guys are all so upset about... this wasn't just any Mitchell's Mauser... This Mitchell's Mauser was PREMIUM GRADE. It says so in the ad!

I feel like an idiot for just buying a matching S/42 for 2k, should have saved my money and bought this instead! :facepalm:

Well, a Mitchell's Mauser PREMIUM GRADE rifle makes all the difference in the world!

With the original purchase of that rifle, "Dishonest Don" Mitchell used genuine "Astroglide" for lube instead of rancid cooking grease from the deep fryer at a Tijuana fish taco stand, and kissed you on the back of the neck and told you he loved you after he was done.....with a Standard Grade rifle, Dirty Don just slaps you on the a$$ and shouts "Take it all, Bitch, take it all!".

Last edited:
Man that one looks like the shiniest one I have ever seen. Almost need sunglasses to view all the pimp shining. Cupped butt plate almost looks chromed. Just a tad overpriced don't ya think!!!

Man that one looks like the shiniest one I have ever seen. Almost need sunglasses to view all the pimp shining. Cupped butt plate almost looks chromed. Just a tad overpriced don't ya think!!!

The shiny bolts look dumb, but the rest of the rifle looks nice. Keep in mind that these guns were relatively cheap when originally sold. Now they are grossly over-priced, but not to people who are uneducated and only want a “new” Mauser. Some people don’t want beat-up worn-out collectibles or lacquered and painted mixmaster captures.

Well, a Mitchell's Mauser PREMIUM GRADE rifle makes all the difference in the world!

With the original purchase of that rifle, "Dishonest Don" Mitchell used genuine "Astroglide" for lube instead of rancid cooking grease from the deep fryer at a Tijuana fish taco stand, and kissed you on the back of the neck and told you he loved you after he was done.....with a Standard Grade rifle, Dirty Don just slaps you on the a$$ and shouts "Take it all, Bitch, take it all!".
Lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back