Third Party Press

Anyone here win the BYF 44 scopeless turret?

Jakeman664

(if you did win this let me know and I will take down this post if you want to make your own)
This popped up at an auction about 2 hours from me. In person only so figured it was worth a shot. Fun bidding but had to tap out.
Had the mark on the tang and safety. All matching, stock had marks inside the sling slot.
(auction photos I didn't take any new ones)
629633818_fl.jpg
629633798_fl.jpg
629633806_fl.jpg
629633784_fl.jpg

Aside of removed bases it looks to be untouched. Would you mind letting us know for how much it had sold?

I was there at the auction. What I found interesting was the “ as is” broom handle. Clearly in my opinion a non gun probably made in Japan. Alloy frame, plastic grips, no serial, no safety, no proofs and etc. At $500 plus I was scratching my head. A lot of stupid money is out there.

Back to the byf 44. Stock was cleaned at some point, initials on left side below takedown disk, smooth butt plate. Metal finish was at best 20%.
Jeff

As it is an e suffix BYF44 , a Smooth Butt Plate is what it should have . To bad someone destroyed another Turret Rifle !!!!!!!!

Well been a year and no one posted it here so guess not a member. If I recall I stopped when it hit $3600 after taxes/fees. I would of gladly went higher but all I had at the time.

As it is an e suffix BYF44 , a Smooth Butt Plate is what it should have . To bad someone destroyed another Turret Rifle !!!!!!!!
They also had gun parts lots and I was searching through them for a scope but didn't see it.

I may have seen that gun at the Max Show. A guy I helped find HT bases may own this. Just curious was the auction out in Pennsylvania?

That is quite expensive for its condition and the amount of missing parts. Thanks for the update.

I may have seen that gun at the Max Show. A guy I helped find HT bases may own this. Just curious was the auction out in Pennsylvania?
Yes it was, good to see he's putting it back together.
That is quite expensive for its condition and the amount of missing parts. Thanks for the update.
With what fakes are selling for on Gunbroker I can only imagine what an authentic sniper would bring. Even without the scope. At the time I assumed a value of around 5k.

Regarding other comments about Bubba I can't for the life of me understand why someone would do this? To what end?

Yes, that is my friends rifle. I found original HT bases and a late war CAD Scope for him to put on this. I believe he is looking for someone to do the work. I’m not sure if he found anyone.

I held this in hand at the Max Show and thought it was a nice rifle. Just needs the bases soldered on. He also needed a set of HT base screws. Does anyone know of a good source for those HT screws. I believe Don used to make them and I told him he should start there for the screws.

Regarding other comments about Bubba I can't for the life of me understand why someone would do this? To what end?
They didn't have the scope and mounts and wanted to sporterize it? It would be easier to remove the turret bases and replace them with a set of Weavers.

Military Rifle Journal
Back