Third Party Press

A good first Radom? 1939 Example

Herk1994

Guys,

Forgive my incompetence, but I know very little about these. I’ve wanted one, but I need to do some research.

The opportunity has arisen to purchase this one. A little bit of corrosion, not terrible. Nothing an oiled cotton rag can’t fix. 500 dollars is the asking price. Says his father brought it home.

CF3BC0BD-8C1E-4E24-8232-520CDD4F31C0.jpg49D4396E-FBE4-48AC-933D-CC0CF18872E6.jpgEAAF7150-0ECB-4D58-9009-2F070886CA84.jpgA826559E-1556-4A0A-B91B-789FBE57E6DA.jpg511CF59C-6455-4543-BE8E-7B10B12A3136.jpg9099BA64-058E-4F14-95ED-098712E2E4B5.jpg

Thanks guys,

Herk

It has been refinished BUT Polish eagle Radoms bring big money. Any photos of the mag? That could be worth nearly the asking price alone. Grips are a couple hundred probably as well. I really do not mess with refinished stuff, but I would definitely buy that for 500 as a shooter/example.

Looks buffed and reblued, but for 500 hard to go wrong here. This would probably be a 3-4k pistol if matching and in nice shape.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Looks buffed and reblued, but for 500 hard to go wrong here. This would probably be a 3-4k pistol if matching and in nice shape.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

That was my first thought, the finish. Did not look right compared to the few I’d seen. A real shame

It has been refinished BUT Polish eagle Radoms bring big money. Any photos of the mag? That could be worth nearly the asking price alone. Grips are a couple hundred probably as well. I really do not mess with refinished stuff, but I would definitely buy that for 500 as a shooter/example.

No pictures besides these, my friend took the pictures. I have yet to handle it myself

It would be a great space holder, especially if matching parts and Polish mag. If they keep going up, Polish VIS 35s will be hard to upgrade. Less than 40000 made.

Sounds like the seller is decided on bringing it to a local shop for review and potential sale after he told me we’d strike a deal at 500 and agreed.... this thing is long gone. That bubba shop will look straight to Gunbonkers and see a potential 3000 dollar gun with lit up eyes, and offer him probably 600 beating me out.

An unfortunate circumstance. I know it's tough, but I always try to have cash in sellers hand as fast as possible for things I really want. I have lost more than a few deals being slow or trying to negotiate. When you're not the one dealing directly with seller it gets really tough. Nothing to lose sleep over though.

As others have said.... Polished and re-blued but, at 500 a no brainer. Sorry you missed it. This shite does happen. Sucks but its the way it is sometimes. Just continue on. :thumbsup:

When he does sell it off from under you, find out what it sold for and make sure that you let him know that he got screwed. It’s always nice to see the look that these clowns give when they realized that their efforts resulted in nothing.

When he does sell it off from under you, find out what it sold for and make sure that you let him know that he got screwed. It’s always nice to see the look that these clowns give when they realized that their efforts resulted in nothing.

Even better, this guy is now apparently having it re-blued....again. Instead of taking my 500 dollars AS WE AGREED, the jack off is now having it refinished again and plans to put it on gunbroker. This guy can get hosed. I’m aggravated, for one he bugs out of our deal, and two, whatever historic value is left in this wonderful piece will now be destroyed, and I’m mad at myself for not saving it from it’s demise.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back