Third Party Press

Thread: Matching BCD G43 no letter

Default Matching BCD G43 no letter

Being a G-43 collector for a long time I know how hard it is to get this rifle in this condition. Earliest Gustloff production. This rifle has a machined action cover. Weaver's book said bcd didn't use them, but I respectfully disagree. I have held several and one was recently sold at RIA. Bcd G-43 production didn't last very long so these are tough to get in any condition really. This rifle has the full compliment of spare parts and book in the trap. The trigger is circle v marked and the mag release is 359 marked. My favorite G-43.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jack944; 03-02-2012 at 04:17 PM.

Congratulations on a very nice early BCD, any Waffenampts or markings on the milled action housing or the trigger guard? My b block has the circle "V" mark on nearly everything including the cleaning rod and rear sight parts, how is this one marked?
    Life is full of fake people. Before you decide to judge them make sure you are not one of them.

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gergnotwen View Post
    Congratulations on a very nice early BCD, any Waffenampts or markings on the milled action housing or the trigger guard? My b block has the circle "V" mark on nearly everything including the cleaning rod and rear sight parts, how is this one marked?
    The action cover is of course 214 proofed.. I will check on the other stuff.
    Last edited by jack944; 03-02-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Default B block BCD Markings vs. No Letter Block Markings

Here's where some of the circle "V" marks are found on my example (see photos), it takes some searching but they should be there. Also check under the bolt to see if it has the large starburst marking. I have seen this on "A" and "B" block BCD rifles only. I'm curious at to this being on the "no letter" blocks as well. Does the stock have the eagle proof stamped in the sling frog cutout?

I am a bit confused as to why the milled action cover would be on this gun with a 214 WaA. The BCD rifles were assembled from parts produced by outside contractors and all the sheet metal action covers were marked WaAA44 produced by Merz Werke in Frankfurt. According to reports the rejected rifles were sent to Gustloff from Buchenwald for testing and repairs. Maybe this was a field repair as so many of the early rifles required rework due to sabotage as stated in Weavers book. interesting history on your rifle for sure. Any other opinions or thoughts?

Life is full of fake people. Before you decide to judge them make sure you are not one of them.

Default Marks

Here's where some of the circle "V" marks are found on my example (see photos), it takes some searching but they should be there. Also check under the bolt to see if it has the large starburst marking. I have seen this on "A" and "B" block BCD rifles only. I'm curious at to this being on the "no letter" blocks as well. Does the stock have the eagle proof stamped in the sling frog cutout?

I am a bit confused as to why the milled action cover would be on this gun with a 214 WaA. The BCD rifles were assembled from parts produced by outside contractors and all the sheet metal action covers were marked WaAA44 produced by Merz Werke in Frankfurt. According to reports the rejected rifles were sent to Gustloff from Buchenwald for testing and repairs. Maybe this was a field repair as so many of the early rifles required rework due to sabotage as stated in Weavers book. interesting history on your rifle for sure. Any other opinions or thoughts?
    My theory on the cover is shared by others is that parts from duv were simply transferred to bcd like the Walther marked 359 parts. Duv supplied parts to bcd for 98k production in the same manner.

Moderator Of all things K43 Brian Kowalski's Avatar

Great rifle there Jack!

Any very early G43 is tough to find in a condition like this one.

I feel a 214 proofed part on a bcd produced rifle is perfectly possible, and has been seen many times before. Concidence, maybe, but unlikely. Given the situation at the time, just about anything could be possible on any given day. This could result in endless variations.

Do not forget, we have only seen a very small percentage of the total production, on any german WWII item. So, God only knows what other "variations" exist...

Wink circle v

Hello gergnot,my 87xx a-series has the same circle v's.Dieter

Quote Originally Posted by jack944 View Post
    Being a G-43 collector for a long time I know how hard it is to get this rifle in this condition. Earliest Gustloff production. This rifle has a machined action cover. Weaver's book said bcd didn't use them, but I respectfully disagree.
    Great rifle Jack! Pic stickied. I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that Weaver is absolutely wrong on that. I know where (I think an a block) bcd is with a matching action cover that is finely machined like a G.41 cover. If ole Weaver wants to bet a bunch of money on that I'll take the bet and give him odds