Third Party Press
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: BSW & Gustloff serial #'s & stock markings S/A & others

Quote Originally Posted by headcrab View Post
    My markings look similar to yours, I even have the second N, but there is no eagle above it. Has it been removed? :/
    Interesting. First example I've seen. From your picture The area above the eagle appears to be undisturbed and consequently the eagle wasn't part of this nitro proof. Presumably Steve or Jim will have more information to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeisir View Post
    Interesting. First example I've seen. From your picture The area above the eagle appears to be undisturbed and consequently the eagle wasn't part of this nitro proof. Presumably Steve or Jim will have more information to post.
    The rifle is being held for me at the moment while I sort out the paperwork. Once I have it I'll remove the stock and see if perhaps the eagle was stamped elsewhere? Thanks for the answers!

Default My "GUESS"

Light strike of the Proof die not properly held, (tilted away from the Eagle) thus not imprinting the Eagle.

Only logical explanation I can fathom.

Accidental or deliberate? Interesting to speculate. Who knows?

If you look at it with a loop or magnifying glass are there any traces of the Eagle?

The gun does not look refinished in the pictures and removal of the full proof would certainly have necessitated that.

Quote Originally Posted by mauser22 View Post
    Light strike of the Proof die not properly held, (tilted away from the Eagle) thus not imprinting the Eagle.

Only logical explanation I can fathom.

Accidental or deliberate? Interesting to speculate. Who knows?

If you look at it with a loop or magnifying glass are there any traces of the Eagle?

The gun does not look refinished in the pictures and removal of the full proof would certainly have necessitated that.
    That is my first thought, also. The "N" appears shallow enough to agree with that. Placement (location of mark) is standard, and I know of no other explanation for it to be "topless" here.
    Steve

Forum Newbie

Not sure if this is still active but I have recently acquired one of these with a serial # 228564. It has been modified to 22 magnum and given a new stock. The bolt spring is worn out causing misfires, is there anywhere I can get a new spring or am I going to have to make my own?

Default Gustloff-Werke KKW

Gustloff Werke Sn#246004 E/N matching bolt Sn#004.Stock S/A marked SAd NSDAP on left side. Has original cleaning rod.