Third Party Press

Additional Info on BYF44

Stevlas58

Hi Mike,

I was just looking at the serial number study on page 129 of the book. BYF 44 8856L, show as "red laminate" is actually also a kriegsmodell. I mention this because it appears to be the earliest list km. I own this rifle, so this is how I know.

Steve

byf 44 k block

I have a byf 44 (13213 k) with an interesting variation. The serial # is on the 44 dated barrel, which also has the byf barrel shield. All good. The receiver has the expected proofs on the right (2) and left (1) side but there is no serial # on the receiver. The rest of the rifle is typical of the late 44 byf mentioned in the Kriegsmodell book. I wonder if this variation is seen much?

I have a byf 44 (13213 k) with an interesting variation. The serial # is on the 44 dated barrel, which also has the byf barrel shield. All good. The receiver has the expected proofs on the right (2) and left (1) side but there is no serial # on the receiver. The rest of the rifle is typical of the late 44 byf mentioned in the Kriegsmodell book. I wonder if this variation is seen much?

Actually it's very common to have the serial on the barrel in the early k block- late in the k block the serial was moved to the receiver.

Military Rifle Journal
Back