Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matching 1942 Dated G41M

Default Matching 1942 Dated G41M

Just picked up this rifle today, never thought I'd ever have a chance to own one. This is a matching 1942 dated G41M with the original matching stock. The stock was duffel cut and beautifully repaired.

Does anyone have any nice period photos of these rifles in use that they could post? I've seen the shots in Hitler's Garands by D. Weaver but just curious to see if there are other photos of this rifle in use.

Thanks guys!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Absoolutely super example of a very rare gun. thanks for the pictures and Nice Job!

Congratulations and welcome to the club!!! What a beauty and so nice to see it in the hands of a collector.
    How is the stock marked? Nice hardwood stock and looks like the milled trigger guard, sweet! Around 3000 rifles earlier than mine but same configuration, milled TG and solid stock. How's the bore?
    Life is full of fake people. Before you decide to judge them make sure you are not one of them.

Thanks!

The walnut stock is marked eagle-135 once on the left side and again in the pistol grip with the serial number on the spine. Shows great wear and use. The trigger guard is a milled example.

The bore is nice and clean, no pitting or rust. I found a few nice shots of these rifles in use.....hopefully some members have some more photos. I always like seeing our "collectibles" being used in the period. Here are two from the Warsaw uprising.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real nice....my serial number is 8552... Check your op-rod...it will be stamped with the last two digits of the serial number...yours will be stamped 25....it is very small and very light...i bought an extra op-rod for my rifle...the number is 25...
    What did you have to give for it?
    Last edited by GUNHEEP; 03-31-2012 at 08:42 PM.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - LOCK & LOAD

Very nice example of a rare rifle! Pic stickied for reference.

Moderator Of all things K43 Brian Kowalski's Avatar

As everybody has stated, this is an awesome example of a quite rare rifle that has seen some combat. Thank you again for sharing.

There has been a fair amount of very nice items coming out of the woodword lately. Maybe a sign of the times or just a fact that we are loosing more and more of our WWII vets daily.

Thanks Brian!

I saw your awesome display of German small arms at the Baltimore show a few weeks ago....it was an extremely impressive display. That scoped g/K43 with the matching mount was unreal...I have been looking for a matching example for years.

Senior Member BerlinerLuebecker's Avatar

Very nice! I've only ever held one of these once, at the Albany gun show. It was all-matching, but can't remember stock condition. The guy wanted $10K for it. He sold it that year and I always wondered what he ended up getting.

Default Rare one

One of the few German type rifles I have never owned. Nice honest gun and tough to get in any condition let alone all matching. Thanks for posting.