Third Party Press

Matching 1942 Dated G41M

stahlhelm1976

Just picked up this rifle today, never thought I'd ever have a chance to own one. This is a matching 1942 dated G41M with the original matching stock. The stock was duffel cut and beautifully repaired.

Does anyone have any nice period photos of these rifles in use that they could post? I've seen the shots in Hitler's Garands by D. Weaver but just curious to see if there are other photos of this rifle in use.

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• IMG_3884.jpg
    IMG_3884.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_3886.jpg
    IMG_3886.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_3887.jpg
    IMG_3887.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_3889.jpg
    IMG_3889.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_3890.jpg
    IMG_3890.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_3892.jpg
    IMG_3892.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_3893.jpg
    IMG_3893.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3894.jpg
    IMG_3894.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_3896.JPG
    IMG_3896.JPG
    279.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_3897.jpg
    IMG_3897.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 148
Congratulations and welcome to the club!!! What a beauty and so nice to see it in the hands of a collector.
How is the stock marked? Nice hardwood stock and looks like the milled trigger guard, sweet! Around 3000 rifles earlier than mine but same configuration, milled TG and solid stock. How's the bore?:thumbsup:

Thanks!

The walnut stock is marked eagle-135 once on the left side and again in the pistol grip with the serial number on the spine. Shows great wear and use. The trigger guard is a milled example.

The bore is nice and clean, no pitting or rust. I found a few nice shots of these rifles in use.....hopefully some members have some more photos. I always like seeing our "collectibles" being used in the period. Here are two from the Warsaw uprising.

Attachments

• Warsaw Uprising g41m.jpg
    Warsaw Uprising g41m.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 123
  • Warsaw Uprising g-41m.jpg
    Warsaw Uprising g-41m.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 113
Real nice....my serial number is 8552... Check your op-rod...it will be stamped with the last two digits of the serial number...yours will be stamped 25....it is very small and very light...i bought an extra op-rod for my rifle...the number is 25...
What did you have to give for it?

Last edited:
As everybody has stated, this is an awesome example of a quite rare rifle that has seen some combat. Thank you again for sharing.

There has been a fair amount of very nice items coming out of the woodword lately. Maybe a sign of the times or just a fact that we are loosing more and more of our WWII vets daily.

Thanks Brian!

I saw your awesome display of German small arms at the Baltimore show a few weeks ago....it was an extremely impressive display. That scoped g/K43 with the matching mount was unreal...I have been looking for a matching example for years.

Very nice! I've only ever held one of these once, at the Albany gun show. It was all-matching, but can't remember stock condition. The guy wanted $10K for it. He sold it that year and I always wondered what he ended up getting.

Rare one

One of the few German type rifles I have never owned. Nice honest gun and tough to get in any condition let alone all matching. Thanks for posting.:thumbsup:

More G41m Original Photos

I've gleaned some of these off the web here and there over the past few years... Enjoy! Love those bolt action semi-autos!

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 62
  • attachment-1.jpg
    attachment-1.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 62
  • attachment-1.1.jpg
    attachment-1.1.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 63
  • attachment-2.jpg
    attachment-2.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 62
  • G41 and MG 1943.jpg
    G41 and MG 1943.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 63
  • G41m combat.jpg
    G41m combat.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 61
Waa markings-Question for the experts

I noticed something on this rifle that is a bit different than other examples and would like to have some input from some of the early Mauser guys. Both the front bands are marked with a E655 and yet the rest of the rifle in marked with the E135. Mauser supposedly used the E655 marking up until some point in 1941 yet these markings are on a rifle dated 1942. Are the both front bands correctly serial numbered to the rifle?

Both of the bands on my 1942 example are serial numbered and marked E135 and it was produced near the end of the production of the G41(m) and is in the 115XX range. I suppose the could have been left over from earlier stock parts at the factory, can you confirm serial numbers on the bands?

Thanks!

The walnut stock is marked eagle-135 once on the left side and again in the pistol grip with the serial number on the spine. Shows great wear and use. The trigger guard is a milled example.

The bore is nice and clean, no pitting or rust. I found a few nice shots of these rifles in use.....hopefully some members have some more photos. I always like seeing our "collectibles" being used in the period. Here are two from the Warsaw uprising.

I noticed this as well when I purchased the rifle...both bands are die stamped and matching. I attached a picture of the front band SN...the lower band is also SN'd to the rifle...I took separate photos, 1 on each side.

Attachments

• IMG_3944.jpg
    IMG_3944.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 44
  • frame0.jpg
    frame0.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 42
  • frame1.jpg
    frame1.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal