Third Party Press

Any Update on Simpson's Book re: trainers

Printing was delayed to add even MORE material, and an index. It is about 700 pages now, and it IS going to press this summer and will be available for purchase this fall. The latest proof copy will be available for preview (along with a display of DSMs by every known manufacturer) at the MVACA gunshow in Kansas City, July 24-26. Come over and take a look!
Steve

Lord willing I will be there too!

Good Collecting
Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Printing was delayed to add even MORE material, and an index. It is about 700 pages now, and it IS going to press this summer and will be available for purchase this fall. The latest proof copy will be available for preview (along with a display of DSMs by every known manufacturer) at the MVACA gunshow in Kansas City, July 24-26. Come over and take a look!
Steve

Lord willing I will be there too!

Good Collecting
Jim

If the creeks don't rise. You all get much water? I understand the Springfield basin was hit badly. We saw it come into the Gasconade.

Survived flood, Joe--better drainage south of Springfield.
Have added a second table to display for KC show, by the way, and will feature some one-of-a-kind DSMs there with a lot of photos and print material never before seen.
Steve

UPDATE:
This will be the first time EVER that a DSM by every one of the manufacturers has been on display in one place at one time. That did not even happen when the rifles were being made. If the organizers will permit it, I will get some photos of this and post them later. If you have the opportunity to visit, don't miss it.
Steve

update on book

I spoke to Bob last month at the Tulsa show about the release date. He said it would be going to press in January in Thailand. Then it has to be shipped back & not be held up in Customs. I'd say perhaps the April Tulsa show at the soonest. I looked at the pre-proof copy on display and have to say I don't think anyone will be disappointed with the content.

All I can tell you is that the publisher is in Thailand, with the book, right now. Not sure if that tells you--or me--anything further.
Steve

I spoke to Bob last month at the Tulsa show about the release date. He said it would be going to press in January in Thailand. Then it has to be shipped back & not be held up in Customs. I'd say perhaps the April Tulsa show at the soonest. I looked at the pre-proof copy on display and have to say I don't think anyone will be disappointed with the content.

Bob is back with a couple of proof copies printed there. Cover art design is underway. It can be viewed at Show of Shows next month, along with the display of the Simpson trainers. Hope to see some of you there.
Steve

Being old and broke and needing to save for large expenditures, just curious if there is a price range that is expected?

All I can offer you is a wild ballpark guess. With its format and size at more than 650 pages, it will almost certainly land at a cost of near $100 US. At the SOS, Bob seemed to think it might be handed to the printer in April.
Steve

Military Rifle Journal
Back