Third Party Press

De-Nazified numbered copy

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
I am sending this to Germany, and wanted to post a photo of what the de-nazified numbered copy looks like. I didn't have to do this, but it just seemed like the thing to do. :laugh:

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 363
Is this Bernd's copy? Pretty funny if it is! (especially considering the FC!)

I am sending this to Germany, and wanted to post a photo of what the de-nazified numbered copy looks like. I didn't have to do this, but it just seemed like the thing to do. :laugh:

attachment.php

Probably a dumb question, but how does one get the numbered copies?

Not a dumb question. When we first released the book, I reserved 200 numbered copies for the contributors and Gunboards members who helped with the book. When the project got close to completion we took pre-orders (but didn't accept $) and I reserved a numbered copy for each person who did. Originally I started at 100, but the list grew to 150, and then 200- I cut it off there. I could probably have done another 100, but it's a huge job to keep track of and specially mark/number books.

I'm saving the list- when the next book comes out those guys will get a chance to get the Vol.1 with the same number. I will probably have to add 100 more for guys on the new forum- I'll make that determination when the book is done.

Ah, understood. I guess I missed the boat on that one!

Not a dumb question. When we first released the book, I reserved 200 numbered copies for the contributors and Gunboards members who helped with the book. When the project got close to completion we took pre-orders (but didn't accept $) and I reserved a numbered copy for each person who did. Originally I started at 100, but the list grew to 150, and then 200- I cut it off there. I could probably have done another 100, but it's a huge job to keep track of and specially mark/number books.

I'm saving the list- when the next book comes out those guys will get a chance to get the Vol.1 with the same number. I will probably have to add 100 more for guys on the new forum- I'll make that determination when the book is done.

glad to know that we can get the same number on the next book.by the time you get all the books out i will have a vg set of reference books

Book has arrived!!!

Hello!

I received the book yesterday and I didn’t do anything else than ardently “absorbing” all the info, pictures, data all night long! Simply awesome!!

Cool idea with the serial number and the eagle. That’s true passion!

Thank you so much!!!!!!

Many greetings

Bernd

Glad the book made it!

Hope you hang around here Bernd; we can use another resourceful collector here!

Hello!

I received the book yesterday and I didn’t do anything else than ardently “absorbing” all the info, pictures, data all night long! Simply awesome!!

Cool idea with the serial number and the eagle. That’s true passion!

Thank you so much!!!!!!

Many greetings

Bernd

I'm glad you like it. We put a lot of work into this project, and are doubling our efforts for the next one. Expect the same quality of photos and info, with more factory documentation that has never been seen.

I have to give props to Jon Speed right here. This is a guy a lot of us "know" from seeing his name on reference books. I'm here to tell you he is the most giving researcher around, and has the firepower of Mauser Oberndorf archives to back it up. We will be bringing a lot of new material to light in the next few years, and hopefully get as much of the story of the K98k in print that is humanly possible.

attachment.php

Hmmm......Mine looks the same...?

Is their a different version........?

AG

Yours is missing the swastika?

Mike was just kidding around with Bernd, a good friend of mine in Germany who helped me with sections of my contribution for the book. Bernd is extremely resourceful, and he is doing the German/English translations for the 1933 BSW letters, - we know what they say of course, but he will ensure the translation is seamless and error free as I have never met a German who understands English any better!

Storz should have hired him for the Gew98 book!

Hmmm......Mine looks the same...?

Is their a different version........?

AG

Yours is missing the swastika?!

Upon closer inspection it appears that it was caused by uneven pressure and possibly a "light" inking prior to stamping.

I see a hint @ the top right of the wreath of what could be a partial of an image and there are light spots in the wreath itself that are in line with the center of the wreath.

Basically it came out just like a real WAa.....uneven in many cases..... how authentic is that..!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    254.5 KB · Views: 29

Military Rifle Journal
Back