Third Party Press

KIA wire camo M35 from May 1940

Peter,
Could you translate what his WP says about his death?
tks,
HB

Hi HB,

"Gefallen am 13.5.1940 bei den kämpfen üm daß Fort d'Embourg bei Lüttich 7/IR471.
Leutnant ü stellv.Kp.Führer"

- Killed in action on May 13 1940 during the battle for fortresse Embourg near Liege with the 7th company of infantry regiment 471.
Signed by lieutant and replacement company commander.

Cheers,
Peter

This is absolutely outstanding! I can't believe the amount of information you've collected here, it must be extremely satisfying to put all of these puzzle pieces together and at the same time depressing to know that the puzzle is complete. Well done sir.

As stated previously, this is the most outstanding ID'd helmet set I've ever seen.

Nice Peter may you always keep the pieces in one group. As a combat veteran who was shot in the helmet myself but survived without a scratch as it was a glancing hit and I have my helmet I will keep it till I die. I'm sure his Parents kept the items until the day they died .You are Hans Frick's voice now if those items ever become separated he will be just another faceless soldier who's story like so many others has been lost to time

Nice Peter may you always keep the pieces in one group. As a combat veteran who was shot in the helmet myself but survived without a scratch as it was a glancing hit and I have my helmet I will keep it till I die. I'm sure his Parents kept the items until the day they died .You are Hans Frick's voice now if those items ever become separated he will be just another faceless soldier who's story like so many others has been lost to time

Hello M2Gunner,

You can be sure, the helmets and paper items are safely kept together in my collection.
Thanks for the positive reaction.

If you survived a helmet shot, you sure will know how Helmut Wenzel did feel in WW2, it happened to him twice.
http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?478-Shot-through-Fj-helmet-(M38)&highlight=wenzel

Cheers,
Peter

Hi,
The most moving post that I have ever read,a lasting tribute to him,it really hurts to look at the post ,as I have my Son's helmet that he was wearing when he was VSi in Afghanistan last year only my story has a happy ending and I still have him something that they did not have the pleasure of.

the round that hit my helmet skipped off the side good thing I had my upper body out of the turret or that round would had bounced around in the with me mine came june 7 2008 just after midnight in the village of Tel-a-Far that is how I got the combat action badge. And no Peter I would never want to play with fate twice. I was very lucky that night never heard or saw where it came from We were the last vehicle in the convoy me and my M2 was facing the rear the round hit the helmet right above my left ear. My truck crew was messing with me seconds after it happened saying I screamed like a bitch lol I did not but that is how you over come events with laughing

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
For a KIA, Hans Frick and his family are one of the lucky ones. At least he has a well tended grave site. Think of all the KIAs on the eastern front that are either lost forever or had their graves obliterated by the Russians as they moved west.

I've seen this grouping posted on GB and it was one of the best posts I've ever read. Thanks for posting Peter. It's good that a serious collector has what's left of Frick family's shrine.

Military Rifle Journal
Back