Third Party Press

Anybody got K98k ammunition(then let,s see it)tracers/ball/steel/brass/

You can also use a showcase with a mirror placed in a 45 degrees angle. ( Picture bottom row )
You can see the cartridges and the headstamp in one view.

IMG_1238.jpg

S.m.E.Lg patrone with blue primer annulus

A few months ago i traded some stuff against a large ammount of 7.92 rounds. There were a lot of different rounds among which this ones.
Now i found out that an S.m.E.Lg Patrone with a blue primer annulus is rather scarce. Is this correct?
DSC07263 (Medium).JPGDSC07264 (Medium).JPGDSC07261.jpg

zinc jackets

This manufacture started using zinc jackets in early 1944 loading lots with the standard S.m.E. projectile. JH

Easy answer is to 'pull' one of the projectiles. The Lang will be slightly longer, 39.6mm and heavier, 185 grains than standard SmE 37.3mm & 178 grains.
If you need help, I am an expert "Puller"...JH can attest!

Already in 1940 eej ( Märkisches Walzwerk Strausberg ) was one of the first factories that loaded
zink plated bullets

S.m.E.

After testing, approved officially in November, 1942 (zinc). Love to see a label from 1940. Thanks, JH

Jim, You have seen many many boxes and never see early boxes with zink plated bullets.
So they must be very rare.
There only a few manufactures that mention zink plated bullet on the label and the boxes that are know
with these labels are the later war period boxes.

Jim, You have seen many many boxes and never see early boxes with zink plated bullets.
So they must be very rare.
There only a few manufactures that mention zink plated bullet on the label and the boxes that are know
with these labels are the later war period boxes.
Agreed. I have seen quite a bit of zinc plated S.m.E., both loose & boxed, just nothing early that was in matching boxes. Perhaps Willem has some examples to show (with labels)? Regards, JH

„bne“ was a daughter company of Polte.
I have never seen a box label with SmE Lang cartridges other than Polte.
It could be that Metallwerk Odertal shipped cases to Polte and they were loaded there.

Perhaps this picture helps to see the difference between a SmE and a SmE Lang.

Attachments

• SmE.JPG
    SmE.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 40
Agreed. I have seen quite a bit of zinc plated S.m.E., both loose & boxed, just nothing early that was in matching boxes. Perhaps Willem has some examples to show (with labels)? Regards, JH

I am sorry Jim, the oldest label have is from 1943.

Perhaps from interest;
The “cartridge” lot number and all components are the same.
Only the bullet is different production year, tombak, zink plated.

Best regards

Attachments

• J.H..jpg
    J.H..jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 35
S.m.E.Lg patrone with blue primer annulus

Easy answer is to 'pull' one of the projectiles. The Lang will be slightly longer, 39.6mm and heavier, 185 grains than standard SmE 37.3mm & 178 grains.
If you need help, I am an expert "Puller"...JH can attest!
I won't ask what you mean by being an expert "Puller"...if i translate it and tell this to someone here they will ask "left- or righthanded". :facepalm:
Serious now, i "pulled" one and the bullet has the "normal" lenght.
It seems to be that my book about 7,92x57 ammo is dated.
At everyone thanks for your opinions and help.
20170920_182434 (Medium).jpg

Ammo crate 1800 rounds

Anybody seen this one before br Bjarne

Attachments

• IMG_0347.jpg
    IMG_0347.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0346.jpg
    IMG_0346.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0348.jpg
    IMG_0348.jpg