Third Party Press

Anybody got K98k ammunition(then let,s see it)tracers/ball/steel/brass/

Looking true this treat I noticed a nice label from @momok98k.

It seems the labels from P131 were cut vertical.
I think, a few years later they were cut horizontal.
The blue stripe must be in the middle.

Rgds

Attachments

• DSC04058.jpg
    DSC04058.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC_0002 (3).JPG
    DSC_0002 (3).JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 48
bonjour

My small collection of German cartridges

cdt
Patrick

nex53k.jpg

I saw some 7,92x33 boxes.
Please show the box labels and the Hs of the red Ex and cartridge with the wood bullet.
Thanks

A new Box for the 'Panzerbusche' collection. Empty but still nice! I believe the overstamp indicates 'repacked from unknown origin'(?).

Attachments

• 318 Box.jpg
    318 Box.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 40
Buddy of mine just got these gifted at work (wish I had a coworker like that...). For those in the know, anything interesting?

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 55
First of all I had great pleasure reading these 49 pages, what a pile of rare stuff! Thank you. I look forward to bring on my two cents.

They tested

11 000 PmK

Personally I have never seen a PmK and an sS round with this double crimp, only SmE, SmK and SmK Lsp.

Regards
Dutch

It appears I got some of those double crimped PmK's. A loose batch of 15 rounds, all bearing the remains of cardboard from a box that must be gone by now…

HS: hlb S* 4 44, black primer annulus

Regards
Njg

12032309_10205415166318803_1440716798_n.jpg 12047439_10205415166198800_937880069_n.jpg

I'll post some stuff I didn't see (or noticed :facepalm:) through this post. Here's a round with a special code for the Spanish civil war. Was used to hide German manufacturing of the ammunition by DWM Lübeck.

s.S Ball, HS "O AI O 37", green primer annulus

Regards
Njg

IMG_0087.jpg

Another one…

Early lacquered steel case with Roman numeral material code. SmK Bullet, red primer annulus, HS P181 XVw1 22 40

Njg

img_0012.jpg DSC_1318.jpg

Pmk

First of all I had great pleasure reading these 49 pages, what a pile of rare stuff! Thank you. I look forward to bring on my two cents.

It appears I got some of those double crimped PmK's. A loose batch of 15 rounds, all bearing the remains of cardboard from a box that must be gone by now…

HS: hlb S* 4 44, black primer annulus

Regards
Njg

View attachment 252046 View attachment 252047

Please weigh the loaded cartridge (in grains). Most likely not Pmk but SmE. Primer sealant colors can be deceiving. Regards, JH

Last edited:
Unfortunately my grain scale is not going this far… :facepalm: to me the primers are definitely looking black. I wouldn't mind pulling a bullet out to settle this but is there any risk doing it? If the bullet vent hole isn't sealed anymore or so?

Regards
Njg

Please weight the loaded cartridge (in grains). Most likely not Pmk but SmE. Primer sealant colors can be deceiving. Regards, JH

The box label had no specially markings.
Just as J.H. told you, it is an SmE, mostly used in an MG81.
They also exist as SmK and SmK tracer. B-Patronen and PmK did not work with a second crimp.

Attachments

• hlb 44-4 SmE.JPG
    hlb 44-4 SmE.JPG
    181.6 KB · Views: 18
So I've been fooled by the primer color. Thank you very much for settling this with the picture of the label :happy0180:

Regards
Njg

This is another box in my collection.
A common box lS (for practice) in steel case.
But the label is very interesting...
- the typical green stripe goes from top left to right bottom
- the abbreviation of the word patronehülse (case) is written as Path. instead of Patrh.
groep lS misdruk klein.jpg

Military Rifle Journal
Back