Third Party Press

Thread: jhv 42 pix

Default jhv 42 pix

Nice afternoon and a chance to use the camera.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pisgah; 06-18-2012 at 07:56 PM.
    WTB/WTT: (1)late E/H marked bcd stock either standard or semi-Kriegs; (2)unnumbered late MO Zf-41 stock, Kriegs or standard stock; (3)transitional late unnumbered type dot stock which uses bandspring and has bayo mount but no cleaning rod hole; (4)unnumbered byf standard stock as typically found on some byf 44 K and L block rifles; (5)unnumbered E/H bnz standard stock as typically found on bnz.4 and bnz 44 N, O, and P block rifles; (6)any bnz Kriegsmodell stock either with E/H or without

love it...

email => K98@bobinohio.com

Thumbs up Nice

Very nice Pisgah,
    Even though there were 32,000 produced '42 seems to be the rarest ever seen or able to acquire.
    Thanks for posting

Default About time

Quote Originally Posted by Pisgah View Post
    Nice afternoon and a chance to use the camera.
    About time you take some pics of the hoard.....

Quote Originally Posted by WaA623 View Post
    Very nice Pisgah,
    Even though there were 32,000 produced '42 seems to be the rarest ever seen or able to acquire.
    Thanks for posting
    Yes, pisgah, super nice.

41's and 43's are much more common for sure. While as a year 44's show up less than 42's it can be misleading. 42 has two distinct variations, top accepted WaA173 like this and the earlier side accepted WaA56 variety. Considering the split these are pretty hard to find.

Great rifle Pisgah! Pic stickied.

A gun I've accepted that I'll never own (especially in this condition)..

Thanks for posting..

**--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    **Wanted - Original un-dicked with late Steyr (bnz45) stock... Long shot but......
    ** --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here's the rest of the story on this one. As many of you know, I have a kind heart when it comes to sporter rescues. I picked this one up several years back missing its cut foreend and handguard. A fairly well known gunsmith had a stock guy he occasionally used who made a batch of handguards and foreend repair pieces for the G98/40. I'm thinking I received the repair pieces about four years ago but didn't have the repair done until recently. If you look hard enough at the grain between the bands you can kind of see it is different than the rest of the foreend. Regardless, I think it is pretty good and was surprised at how well it turned out. If I ran into it on a rack I don't think I would figure out that it was wearing replacement wood, other than the bayonet mount and upper band which are mismatched (didn't receive these pieces when I bought the rifle). I promised 3371940 that I would post some photos when it came back so that was the motivation for the thread.
    WTB/WTT: (1)late E/H marked bcd stock either standard or semi-Kriegs; (2)unnumbered late MO Zf-41 stock, Kriegs or standard stock; (3)transitional late unnumbered type dot stock which uses bandspring and has bayo mount but no cleaning rod hole; (4)unnumbered byf standard stock as typically found on some byf 44 K and L block rifles; (5)unnumbered E/H bnz standard stock as typically found on bnz.4 and bnz 44 N, O, and P block rifles; (6)any bnz Kriegsmodell stock either with E/H or without

Default ahhhh

So you didn't give us the final clue.....pic of the the upper band...No pic sticky for you Pisgah......

I now have to do a grain analysis of all my rifles.....thanks

Country Boy

I thought it was odd that you kept showing photos of that area but I never had a clue something was replaced. It's easy to spot AFTER you pointed it out. I'd still like to own that rifle. Very very nice .