Third Party Press

A Couple of Period Photos

gergnotwen

Rest In Peace
The photo of the two early turret snipers in the foxhole is interesting, is there really a soldier in the uniform or has it been stuffed as a diversion or decoy? Note the freshly cut blocks of sod around the front of the dugout, the spade in the rear and the grenades carefully placed on top, no evidence of any battle or fighting from what I can see. Anyone make anything from the uniform as to unit?

The second photo is some type of scoped hunting rifle after a successful deer or stag hunt. Any thoughts on unit ID on this one?

Enjoy

Attachments

• divisionbrandenburgscha.jpg
    divisionbrandenburgscha.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 196
  • Scoped Hunting Rifle.jpg
    Scoped Hunting Rifle.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 198
The man with the hunting rifle is a Police officer, from his boards I'd say he is a Major or Oberstleutnant. Can't tell if there is a pip there or not. Hard to say what branch of the police since he is wearing a drill uniform with no insignia. If I had to guess I'd say the Gendarmerie (Rural police).

If that isn't a stuffed dummy, I'd say the soldier is just taking a nap.:)

second photo

one thing I noticed was they are both early rifles..I. E. h type band and flat buttplates... very interesting indeed...

The LT Photo just Sold on Ebay I was outbid , Great Photo Both LT`s are Early with Zeiss Zielvier Scopes .
Best Regards

A Couple Of More Period Photos ZF41

A couple of more photos gleaned from the web...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    236.1 KB · Views: 157
  • $_57-1.JPG
    $_57-1.JPG
    283.2 KB · Views: 152
A couple of more photos gleaned from the web...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Perhaps a Gebirgsjager or landser of Heeresgruppe Nord in the swamps, spring/summer of 1942/43? The log road and terrain look similar to photos i've seen of the theatre...? The style of the front band on the k98 dates it at at least '42.

Military Rifle Journal
Back