Third Party Press

AC42 and 42 dated holster.

CanadianAR

Canadian Grizzly Eh
Staff member
Just got this P38. AC42 marked. Came with 42 dated hardshell holster. All numbers matching with sequentially numbered grips.
The frame is plum coloured, this is well documented in some earlier AC pistols. This gun is far above average condition wise. My photography skills do not do it justice. The bluing is deep and rich. Also it has a waa359 marked mag in it. And an extra waa135 mag
DSCN3052.jpg

DSCN3053.jpg

DSCN3054.jpg

DSCN3055.jpg

DSCN3056.jpg

DSCN3058.jpg

DSCN3061.jpg

DSCN3064.jpg

DSCN3065.jpg

DSCN3068.jpg

DSCN3069.jpg

DSCN3072.jpg

DSCN3073.jpg

A pic in the sun to show of the deep bluing and copper/plum colour.
DSCN3066.jpg

Great ac42! I am a big fan of the plum framed P38s. :thumbsup:

The sequential numbers on the inside of the grips are mold numbers and the smaller number underneat is the location of that grip in the mold. They all have the same two numbers.

Great ac42! I am a big fan of the plum framed P38s. :thumbsup:

The sequential numbers on the inside of the grips are mold numbers and the smaller number underneat is the location of that grip in the mold. They all have the same two numbers.

Thanks guys!

Do you know at what point they discontinued grip serialling?

Very nice rig! The phenolic grip plates were made be the firm of Allgemeine Elektrizitätsgesellschaft, Fabriken Henningsdorf, Henningsdorf. They also used the three letter code jhy.

Last edited:
That's a beautiful ac 42 Canadian AR! That plumb indeed shows up on those. I had an h block with that. Very nice pistol. Pic stickied.

Thanks Hambone!

Seeing as you pic stickied it, I will add some additional detail pics tomorrow.

I'm not really a P38 collector, I have a few, but you just don't trip over pre '43 guns like this.

Seems like I've seen hundreds of common '43 byf-cyq before you see something like this and that's only when dealers have them.

So, I hope you paid a ton for it :moon: Its well worth it...

I'm not really a P38 collector, I have a few, but you just don't trip over pre '43 guns like this.

Seems like I've seen hundreds of common '43 byf-cyq before you see something like this and that's only when dealers have them.

So, I hope you paid a ton for it :moon: Its well worth it...

HAHA, I paid enough for it, but less then the sum of both items on their own so I think I did ok.

I am not a big P38 collector either. But with gun laws in canada being what they are, there are not very many german ww2 guns I can collect. I only intend to get one nice matching example from each manufacturer. Speewerk and Walther down, Mauser to go. Wouldnt mind finding a phosphated byf but slim pickings for nice ones up here.

Thanks for the compliments fellas!

CanadianAR,
very nice indeed. As a few have mentioned the plum frame P.38s look great. Looks to be a 2nd variation ac42. 'j' block wold put it in the November of 1942 production range. Going from memory I think the ac42 stopped in the 'k' block so yours is a late one. Holster is exceptional too. The mags should be P.38 marked on the side and a single e/359 on spine. There shouldn't be a serial # mags. This is just a reference as sometimes the mags issued with the pistol are not always correct as the collector books patern them.
Nice rig,
Mike

THANKS!

Mag is single waa359 on spine, and no serial number. I think it says p38v on the side.

Military Rifle Journal
Back