Third Party Press

Mein 1938 BSW Karabiner

S/42

Thunda from down unda
SCHLIEßLICH habe ich meine Wiederherstellung 1938 BSW vollendet. Bilder sprechen für sich selbst. Hoffen Sie, dass Sie das Ergebnis mögen.

Finally finished my bsw 38. This one is my baby - never going to be sold, even though she is not 100% original.

Special thanks go to Grant Gitschlag, Dave Elder, Mario Kabalt Jr., "Plymouth Mauser" and the soldaten that looked after her so well all those decades ago (and the Norwegians that kept that stock oh so nice!)

The only parts I need to scrounge are the rear sight leaf, slide, spring and ramp, plus a better bolt (RC BSW bolt - NO ONER saw it on Gunbroker but myself!) - for now, I have an all-matching itself Borsigwald bolt in it as that RC scrub is just, well RUSSIAN! Hint Hint to ANYONE that may have bsw parts!

And for PS, BK and MS, the barrel code is 37Kp67

I thought Mauser Oberndorf was nice... BSW walks all over MO!!!!

Attachments

• bsw38-14.jpg
    bsw38-14.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 61
  • bsw38-15.JPG
    bsw38-15.JPG
    237.9 KB · Views: 58
  • bsw38-16.JPG
    bsw38-16.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 57
  • bsw38-17.JPG
    bsw38-17.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 51
  • bsw38-18.JPG
    bsw38-18.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 49
  • bsw38-19.JPG
    bsw38-19.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 54
  • bsw38-20.JPG
    bsw38-20.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 50
  • bsw38-21.JPG
    bsw38-21.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 51
  • bsw38-22.JPG
    bsw38-22.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 56
  • bsw38-23.JPG
    bsw38-23.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 67
Lewis, it looks fantastic! If I was able to locate all those parts, I mighta kept it myself! :happy0180:

So glad you didn't Grant :) :) MINE, ALL MINE! Thanks a million again mate!!!

I think the '39 Erma is going to be just that little bit nicer... they'll make beautiful gunsafe partners...

Thanks guys. The rifle warms my heart and makes me VERY happy indeed.

Took some scrounging, but I kept my eyes and ears open and found most what I needed.

BTW, for those interested, the bore rates about 9.5/10 (Grant can verify that)

Only going to get pet mild handloads put through it - no need to wear the barrel faster and risk stock damage also.

Well, the Erma is ALL matching apart from bolt and stock, and totally original throughout, with an immaculate bore. Blue like a peacock....

I'll warn you :) Haven't decided to use my walnut e/280 or my laminate e/280 stock set yet - I think walnut, staying with my love of walnut and dislike of laminate :)

Well, the Erma is ALL matching apart from bolt and stock, and totally original throughout, with an immaculate bore. Blue like a peacock....

I'll warn you :) Haven't decided to use my walnut e/280 or my laminate e/280 stock set yet - I think walnut, staying with my love of walnut and dislike of laminate :)

I'm the same way-I'm a walnut man as well. Can't wait to see her.

PS: first shoot will be Sunday this week

Looking forward to hearing the range results! :biggrin1:

Very useful report L, - especially trying to figure out the "B" & "C" RR deal... yours fits in well with all reports around it. Most Simson/BSW barrel are like yours- Krupp made blanks. They used Ruhrstahl too but only about 25% of the time compared with Krupp @ 75%

Anyway, really good job of the resto, - hate to tell you what the last "matching & original" BSW bolt went for, but I traded one to KenL and he eventually sold it for like $300! It was damn nice though.. A guy in AL has it now and I doubt he would part with it as he sure did want it back then!

Damn hard to find, - nice stocks and bolts.

SCHLIEßLICH habe ich meine Wiederherstellung 1938 BSW vollendet. Bilder sprechen für sich selbst. Hoffen Sie, dass Sie das Ergebnis mögen.

Finally finished my bsw 38. This one is my baby - never going to be sold, even though she is not 100% original.

Special thanks go to Grant Gitschlag, Dave Elder, Mario Kabalt Jr., "Plymouth Mauser" and the soldaten that looked after her so well all those decades ago (and the Norwegians that kept that stock oh so nice!)

The only parts I need to scrounge are the rear sight leaf, slide, spring and ramp, plus a better bolt (RC BSW bolt - NO ONER saw it on Gunbroker but myself!) - for now, I have an all-matching itself Borsigwald bolt in it as that RC scrub is just, well RUSSIAN! Hint Hint to ANYONE that may have bsw parts!

And for PS, BK and MS, the barrel code is 37Kp67

I thought Mauser Oberndorf was nice... BSW walks all over MO!!!!

BSW restoration

Vulch strikes again!! And Navy markings too! Great job
on the restoration. It's a real looker, I don't blame you
for wanting to keep it forever. Thanks for the post and
great pics. That stock is one gorgeous piece of walnut.
Bob

Happy to help Lewis,

I might have had more parts to offer if I did not have 5 bSw's myself hogging all the parts..lol. I did locate an e/4 rear sight leaf slide and a ramp spring if you still need those ?

mow.

Military Rifle Journal
Back