Third Party Press

Thread: SVT.40 magazine pouches

Default SVT.40 magazine pouches

Will post this in the OT forum as well, but some of these have been found and are turning up for sale. Very interesting accessory, previously difficult to find, for a rifle heavily used by German troops. Thanks to Ratnik for allowing use of the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

More variants.......

backs..........

Greetings to all, it's my first post at the forum. Hambone, thank you for invitation

As I related to some part of this pouches, wouldn't say that there are too many of them...
    They periodically appear in very small quantities at ex-ussr market, and they aren't cheap.
    It is temporary abundance. Almost all pouches that I have, are sold, and I already see some of my pouhes reseling at Ebay by higher price.

As almost all of them were produced at early war period, not many of them survived... And those which survived, were disposed off in postwar years.
    Also, many of this pouches were used for Mosin rifles - it is possible to store ammo in clips in them
    As i said, most of this pouches were produced during early period of war. Factories use material that was availiable, so even same construction pouches from one factory produced in the same period could have few color and material variations.
    Pouches from artificial leather, produced in Leningrad in autumn, 1941 are especially intresting.
    In first post we could see black and grey variation, I also will post green
    Last edited by Ratnik; 08-25-2012 at 03:08 PM.

What type of pouch is this? It belongs to a member here Amberg, I totally forgot I had it until you posted these. This is an SVT pouch, but is more complicated than the ones posted. Also, this doesn't appear to have markings.
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    What type of pouch is this? It belongs to a member here Amberg, I totally forgot I had it until you posted these. This is an SVT pouch, but is more complicated than the ones posted. Also, this doesn't appear to have markings.
    This is postwar bulgarian pouch. Sometimes they have markings. I post samples of their markings. At one of them there is a cyryllic word "Tabrovo" - it's a city in Bulgaria.
    There was wartime produced pouch, which looks very similar, but in some details it is diffrent. It was made from pigskin.
    I add photos below
    Last edited by Ratnik; 08-27-2012 at 03:22 PM.

Pigskin with clear stampings, produced at Proletary factory in Rostov on Don, 1941 :

Only writing correction the bulgarian city is Gabrovo and the ammo pouches was made there postwar probably.