Third Party Press

Thread: Hi Powers

Default Hi Powers

Well ive been on a bit of a hi-power kick lately. These pistols are awesome....i can see why some argue that they were the best handgun of WWII. Grabbed these 3 recently...all b block ('44 production). One is in the 15k range, one in the 44k range, and one in the 47k range. Posting some pics of some diff's ive noticed just between these three. The 15k block gun is the only one with an MR on the left side of the TG. The 47k range gun also has a rough area that ive pictured. Also pictured are an extraneous "S" on the 47k range and a "V" on the 15k range, the 43k is unmarked.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I agree! HP's can be addictive. If this pistol design had Walther's double-action system, it definately would have been the best pistol of WWII. Thanks for showing your trio...

According to Vanderlinden's book the MR was a departmental marking indicating the part is completed and ready for assembly.

Senior Member BerlinerLuebecker's Avatar

Wow, very nice! Three's an awful lot, BD... If you need to lighten the load, I've got a holster for one that needs to be filled.

Very nice Bigd. I'm going to pic sticky this. Post more detail if you have them.
    Regards,
    HB