Third Party Press

Thread: bnz 43 with Waff 359 stock - pics included

Default bnz 43 with Waff 359 stock - pics included

Hello,
    This is my bnz 43 I was inquiring about last night b/c I wanted to understand the meaning of the Waff 359 stock without the typical large Steyr eagle / small H. This one just has two waff 359 under the butt behind the pistol grip. Everything matches and the stock channel number is identical to the handguard so I didn't take the rifle all the way down tonight, had it off last night to confirm. Stock font looks just fine to me. Let me know your opinions and whether the stock is just a subcontract part, depot part, other, or just plain wrong. I doubt the last one b/c the stock numbers are good and match but I am humble enough to listen to your thoughts.
    Thanks,
    Diehard
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default more pics

Some more:

Thanks,
    Diehard
    Attached Images Attached Images

I guess if I had to take your word that the inside numbers are exactly like the handguard, I'd say its the original stock. I had a k block and it didn't have had any Eagle H on the side, but did have an E/623 at the wrist (that stock was Steyr production). The stock was intended as a depot replacement stock originally, no telling how/why Steyr had it.
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

I agree with Farb. I like this rifle. Out of all the manufacturers Steyr is the one that most consistently did oddball stuff.
    WTB/WTT: (1)late E/H marked bcd stock either standard or semi-Kriegs; (2)unnumbered late MO Zf-41 stock, Kriegs or standard stock; (3)transitional late unnumbered type dot stock which uses bandspring and has bayo mount but no cleaning rod hole; (4)unnumbered byf standard stock as typically found on some byf 44 K and L block rifles; (5)unnumbered E/H bnz standard stock as typically found on bnz.4 and bnz 44 N, O, and P block rifles; (6)any bnz Kriegsmodell stock either with E/H or without

Default My experience

Somewhere in the depths of data sheets I sent to Richard Law I know I catalogued a similar rifle. I remember thinking at the time...interesting Walther(359) stock...on a bnz gun. Back then we didn't know what we know now. Bnz 43's were a mystery at the time...some had H marked stocks some didn't, different stock Wa's like this one.

Nice untouched rifle ...