Third Party Press

byf 44 double strike.

jbmauser

Senior Member Eh
byf 44 double strike. New pics on post #9

Nothing too special here but I thought the double struck 44 might be of some interest. It's a little rough but is all matching.

Sorry for the poor pics.

HPIM5860.jpgHPIM5853.jpgDSCF1779.jpgDSCF1780.jpgDSCF1781.jpgDSCF1783.jpgHPIM5866.jpgHPIM5851.jpgHPIM5848.jpgHPIM5821.jpgHPIM5842.jpgHPIM5841.jpgHPIM5859.jpgHPIM5774.jpgHPIM5802.jpgHPIM5786.jpg

Last edited:
I feel like I'm drunk.. or having a seizure looking at pics of the '44 on the receiver... :googlie

Nevertheless, NICE rifle! :thumbsup:

Nice gun Jeremy. Finally got the pics figured out eh? haha

Haha! Yeah, I got it. Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

That double strike hurts my eyes as well. Just don't try to hard to focus on it.

I've recently redone some of the pics of this one and will add them in here for anyone researching byf 44's.
fuzp.jpggtxd.jpg13uw.jpg4b9h.jpgf4wq.jpgzj9z.jpgcbo8.jpgolr7.jpg8bko.jpg51vb.jpgsego.jpgtohz.jpg70ol.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting, and a question for the experts!

There appears to be stamped letters on the face of the rear bolt locking lug... Is this an "MI"?? Anyone know what this indicates? Is it something specific to BYF production or a sub-contractor?

Attachments

• attachment-1.jpg
    attachment-1.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 38
Yes, MI is a marking applied by FN on finished metal components. It indicated the part was not complete but was ready for assembly and fitting. Note E/140 inspection.

Yes, MI is a marking applied by FN on finished metal components. It indicated the part was not complete but was ready for assembly and fitting. Note E/140 inspection.

Ah hah... very interesting Mrfarb, thanks of the info. I learn something new on this forum nearly every day! :thumbsup:
Were there specific builders that used FN parts or were they generally passed through the supply system as needed to whatever builder was low on a specific part like this bolt for example?

Really neat rifle, thanks for posting it! So is this little gem the reason for the other 3 that you recently sold? :laugh:

No. I have something much nicer (I hope) on the way.

In regards to the MI mark. I have been curious as to what areas of the bolt needed to be fit. Did the locking lugs need to be ground, lapped, etc? Or just that it needed an extractor and collar fit, bolt sleeve etc?

No. I have something much nicer (I hope) on the way.

In regards to the MI mark. I have been curious as to what areas of the bolt needed to be fit. Did the locking lugs need to be ground, lapped, etc? Or just that it needed an extractor and collar fit, bolt sleeve etc?

Talk about cliff hanger comments :p Are you just gunna leave me guessing?

Military Rifle Journal
Back