Third Party Press

LSR BCD45 repro project

WaA63

Hello, I am new to this forum, I am making a LSR replica and I would
like it to be historically right. I got the rifle and the scope, now I need the
mount, safety and buttplate and then get the set together.

The parts would be: nice rc Bcd45 + LSR milled rings mount+ post war dialytan DKL scope
It would have stamped TG, bands and spring and I would add doubble set triggers.
Would be this config. historically right/possible?
Is there a better source for LSR mounts than accumounts out there?
Thanks in advance.

Welcome! You have a few hurdles already if you are trying to be 100% accurate. The bcd45 LSR would have been issued with the wide band mount, the milled bands were done by the time the bcd45 code started being used. Also, the double set triggers on German snipers is fantasy, at least from the factory. It's possible a gunsmith could add them to a sniper rifle, but I doubt you would ever see them on an LSR as they are pretty late builds. The double set trigger bcd in Senich book is fantasy in my opinon.

Sounds very nice! I am also doing a BCD 4 LSR repro. May I ask how much you paid for your post war dkl scope, and could you post some pictures? All the best, Patrick

I got mine for 250 Eur. It had been mounted in an old hunting rifle. The hunter didn´t use it for a long time as he got old. When he died, some friend of the family had access to some of the hunting goods. This is how this man got the scope, at least that is what he told me. Finally he sold it to me.
I am now about 50% of the way with the replica. I have all the ingredients. I´m just having a hard time finding a decent stock...
Have you think about the SSR? You have more variety of scopes being "correct" and it had longer use during the war. I went for the LSR because mine is a BCD45 RC.

Attachments

• CIMG0340 [1024x768].JPG
    CIMG0340 [1024x768].JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 26
  • CIMG0350 [1024x768].JPG
    CIMG0350 [1024x768].JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 26

Military Rifle Journal
Back