Third Party Press

Consecutive bcd45 rifles 14065 and 14066

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
Ok, it's cold this morning so I blew off work for a little while and took these out for pics, as promised. Picked these up from Bruce years ago as a pair, he can tell the story of how the matched set came about and background on the rifles. The pinstripe stock bcd45 is the nicest, newest looking one I have ever laid eyes on, the other is nice but is a stock resto, but the original stock was this type and wood type (maybe Bruce can elaborate on that). Still, a matching consecutive set. Notice the differences between them, including barrel blank provider, band and triggerguard types (edit: I think originally this rifle had a blued qnw stamped guard on it when it was found), etc. This is typical of bcd rifles. I would imagine these rifles were built close to each other, but not side by side. Pics of the pair:

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 584
  • bcd45.jpg
    bcd45.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 506
  • bolts.jpg
    bolts.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 418
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 400
  • serials.jpg
    serials.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 423
  • serials1.jpg
    serials1.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 394
  • sights.jpg
    sights.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 319
  • tguards.jpg
    tguards.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 386
  • chatter.jpg
    chatter.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 311
  • butt.jpg
    butt.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 323
  • cproof.jpg
    cproof.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 294
  • cutout.jpg
    cutout.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
spectacular Mike, i'm sure there are many collectors out there that would give up their entire collection just to own those, or or any consecutive mausers.

spectacular Mike, i'm sure there are many collectors out there that would give up their entire collection just to own those, or or any consecutive mausers.

Thanks. It wasn't cheap to acquire the pair, but in the end I think it was worth it. It's actually the first rifle deal Bruce and I did together, and how we met. Fitting, eh?

Thats pretty cool, so its these two rifles we have to thank for the Kreigsmodell book. Closest thing I have to this is my LSR bcd 45 repro and a russian capture bcd 45 i picked up they are 35 rifles apart.

Kind of hard to top what you have there, love the stock on them too.

Amazing set!!

Truly a centerpiece to any collection(Well maybe not any collection, but a normal persons collection. HAHA)

WOW!! Those are amazing! Thanks for posting the pics mrfarb. It is interesting to see the many small differences between the two of them even though they are consecutively numbered. They could have been assembled a fair amount of time apart though right?

WOW!! Those are amazing! Thanks for posting the pics mrfarb. It is interesting to see the many small differences between the two of them even though they are consecutively numbered. They could have been assembled a fair amount of time apart though right?

Could have been quite a bit of time between assembly.

Almost as cool as my consecutive swjXE's. . . Just kidding, too cool! I've been waiting to see these a long time since the first picture of them! Thanks!

Ok, it's cold this morning so I blew off work for a little while and took these out for pics, as promised. Picked these up from Bruce years ago as a pair, he can tell the story of how the matched set came about and background on the rifles. The pinstripe stock bcd45 is the nicest, newest looking one I have ever laid eyes on, the other is nice but is a stock resto, but the original stock was this type and wood type (maybe Bruce can elaborate on that). Still, a matching consecutive set. Notice the differences between them, including barrel blank provider, band and triggerguard types (edit: I think originally this rifle had a blued qnw stamped guard on it when it was found), etc. This is typical of bcd rifles. I would imagine these rifles were built close to each other, but not side by side. Pics of the pair:

Thanks for the pictures:thumbsup:
one guy here in Denmark have an full crate off K98 mausers,untouched from the war wondering if they all are close in numbers?,,but he is real paranoid because they are illigal weapons,,hope too get an chance too see them

Military Rifle Journal
Back