Third Party Press

Volume I and shipping and status

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
Ok,

Just got in from Ohio, I signed almost all of the copies we managed to wrangle from the printers. Keep in mind we didn't get all of our shipment, but convinced them it was important that we get some books to at least attempt delivery by Christmas. So, we picked up books on Friday and got to work!

We managed to box and deliver to the Post Office on Saturday/Sunday all of the books from the Friday order, and the majority of the books from the Saturday orders. The Sunday orders are boxed and ready to ship, with the majority of them in the post office and on the way. HOWEVER, there is no guarantee of Christmas delivery. No matter how much we desire this to happen, the truth is the Post Office is behind on shipping due to Holiday orders. However, the closer you are to Ohio the more likely you will get your books by Christmas I would think. The Post Office won't pick up Media Mail from your house, it has to be delivered by you to the post office. We actually jammed the night drop off box in TWO DIFFERENT POST OFFICES. They just aren't designed to handle the volume we put at it!

With that said, Bruce and I are spent. We put everything we had into this weekend, and are both just flat exhausted. There are a LOT of orders, A LOT. We were prepared, we have fitted boxes and online postage, things we learned from the Kriegsmodell book. However, the volume of orders was immense for just 2 guys and a 6 cases of beer. Still, we managed to get the weekend orders done.

Now- International Orders are not done yet. It's a HUGE amount of extra work doing these as we have to fill out Customs forms for each book and deliver them by hand to the mail counter. We will catch up on these and are going to get them mailed ASAP. Our intention is first in, first out.

We hand delivered a few on Saturday morning to some local collectors, and I think they liked it. We hope you do, it's a massive book, and will be worth the wait. Again, keep in mind we have regular jobs and are doing this in our spare time (what little there is). It's a labor of love, and we both can't wait till you guys get it in hand. Feel free to post when you do.

Mike (and Bruce feels the same way).

Thank you for all of your hard work!
I have a question.
I went to

http://www.thirdpartypress.com/html/ordering.html

and I can't figure out how to put my order in. (I don't have a numbered copy)

I should explain that. I set up a backorder list, and even posted on this forum and Gunboards that I was adding people to the backorder list. I stated that these guys would get the first email about books being ready. The main reason we did that was to prevent a Tsunami of orders from burying us. I think it worked, as it was just barely manageable (*and still is). We aren't going to "go live" on the site until we get the hardcore forum guys out of the way, which will get their books first before the public (who don't follow the forums). With that said, some guys like yourself missed those postings, or didn't read them because they didn't say "naked chicks" or "mint bnz45" on them. :thumbsup:

Use the link below to order, you will find it much easier. Sorry for the confusion, it has cause a little. I've been handling these issues one by one by PM or email.

http://www.thirdpartypress.com/html/preordering.html

Our next post will be on Gunboards.com K98 forum. We were going to post on WW2 Weapons forum but that was taken care of, saved me some time and energy. :happy0180:

Great job, guys, particularly during the holiday mailing season. Just for a random stat, I work for the Post Office and we just got the mail count for Monday: 658 million letters, packages, and other posts entered the mail stream on that single day!!!

Mike and Bruce,

Thank you so much for your latest labour of love! Looking forward to reading it when it arrives.:thumbsup:

All the best and have a Merry Christmas!
Mike in Canada

Don't forget

Guys...you rule. But please don't loose all your holidays to this venture. You should take some "ME" time to spend with friends ,relatives,Sam Adams,Jack....or whatever. Thanks for all your efforts, we will forgive you if we do not get our copy for Christmas...I LOVE a late Christmas gift, it kind of makes the good part of the Holidays last a wee bit longer. MERRY CHRISTMAS all!:happy0180:Bret
PS Think of our troops away from their loved ones during this time of year(without even a little Christmas cheer to DRINK!)

Quick Question

I know you guys are swamped with the book so just a quick question . I ordered my #58 copy + 1 unnumbered copy. The order was processed and my account debited and received an Email from third party press thanking me for my order. My Question is. Am I supposed to receive an Email stating that my order was/has shipped ? Thanks Mike and Bruce for all the hard work you've put into this book. Wishing you both a Merry Christmas .

I know you guys are swamped with the book so just a quick question . I ordered my #58 copy + 1 unnumbered copy. The order was processed and my account debited and received an Email from third party press thanking me for my order. My Question is. Am I supposed to receive an Email stating that my order was/has shipped ? Thanks Mike and Bruce for all the hard work you've put into this book. Wishing you both a Merry Christmas .

You should get an email that says your book is shipped.

Santa came to my house!

Santa delivered my book today!

Wonderful job guys....

Now kick back and enjoy a Merry Christmas with your families!

The book arrived and is a triumph for Bruce and Mike. It is just a remarkable piece of work and sure to become a classic in the study of the Mauser rifle.

Congratulations for a job well done,

Dave Davis

Got the books yesterday! They look fantastic. Ordered a third at the same time (was shipped the same day), but it got stuck somewhere in PA. The numbered set will be a great Christmas present for my dad. Thanks again, guys!

How did you know

Got the books yesterday! They look fantastic. Ordered a third at the same time (was shipped the same day), but it got stuck somewhere in PA. The numbered set will be a great Christmas present for my dad. Thanks again, guys!

I'm here in PA and mine was shipped on the 19th...didn't come yet....how do you know it got stuck here in PA ?

Got mine today and all I can say is WOW. This is fantastic. You guys really put your hearts and souls into this......Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Military Rifle Journal
Back