Third Party Press

Volume II schedule

Ok....we are heading into the downward slope of 2015....any updates???

Maybe a hint of when in 2016, early, middle, late....salivating uncontrollably....

Hopefully, if all goes well, in a little more than a week, my family will be heading to Dallas for good...

Then I can stalk Farb...he's not too far from there....sorry I won't be able to have Bruce back in the mancave here...but onto greener pastures!

I guess I can update- we have quite a bit of work done on the book, but a lot more work left to do. We spent ourselves doing Vol.1 on such a short time schedule, and this one is taxing. But, we are working on it and we do hope to have it ready for sale sometime in 2016, but probably the end of 2016.

Bruce and I work on it every weekend - and during the week at time permits. Even when we aren't working we are lining up images from people or taking them. This book is probably going to be the biggest of the set, and is taking a ton of work to do. Once finished, it will be well worth the wait!

I went on the 3rd party sight to purchase the book and saw the signed /#'d volume 1 and 3 set. If I bought it are you going to offer volume 2 with the matching # so I have a complete set? After collecting axis for so long I have a thing about matching #'s. Thank you

I went on the 3rd party sight to purchase the book and saw the signed /#'d volume 1 and 3 set. If I bought it are you going to offer volume 2 with the matching # so I have a complete set? After collecting axis for so long I have a thing about matching #'s. Thank you

Yes, we did that with Kriegsmodell too. When the new books come out there will be a place on the order form to put in your serial number so we can match it up.

I did do the cover art last week, I could post it but I'm afraid it would make you think the book is closer than it is. :googlie

You should ask the guy who ran Gunbroker 497697925 if you can use this image of his 42 1940 for the cover.

Attachments

• pix809859110[1].jpg
    pix809859110[1].jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 118
You should ask the guy who ran Gunbroker 497697925 if you can use this image of his 42 1940 for the cover.

That rifle has been secured for Vol.4, "Karabiner 98k MEIN GOTT, DIE BUBBA"

Rookies..

I'll trump your stinking matched books.... I want my shipping container to match too !!!!:moon:

Attachments

• rookie.jpg
    rookie.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 139
What is printed now is all there will ever be - we have taken delivery of the last of the books from the printers and when these are gone, that's it. Not sure at this moment how many total numbered sets there are though. Numbered boxes? Probably even less. :thumbsup:

I guess I can update- we have quite a bit of work done on the book, but a lot more work left to do. We spent ourselves doing Vol.1 on such a short time schedule, and this one is taxing. But, we are working on it and we do hope to have it ready for sale sometime in 2016, but probably the end of 2016.

Bruce and I work on it every weekend - and during the week at time permits. Even when we aren't working we are lining up images from people or taking them. This book is probably going to be the biggest of the set, and is taking a ton of work to do. Once finished, it will be well worth the wait!

Looking forward to the release.

Don't care if the number matches the other 2, so long as I get a copy :)

Though, I still keep trying for book Nr. 69.... fun for everyone.

Waiting to buy mine too. My number is 026a and my 70th birthday is in April, you think I could give it to myself as a present?:laugh:

Ok, lots of talk about Volume II now that Volume I is out. I can tell you that it won't be before the spring of 2016. It's going to take some serious recovery after this book to catch our breath, plus patch up the marriages enough to do the next book. :moon:

I am new to this forum and I can't wait for Vol. II . I was very excited to come across this news. Hopefully the book will be very informative and answer alot of questions. My rifle was a bring home but a mix match of #s

Re: Volume 2 of the K98k Book

I am the proud owner of both Volumes 1 and 3 and am patiently awaiting the publication of Volume 2. I have ordered two copies of each book, and I donate one copy to the PO Ackley Gunsmithing School book collection at Trinidad State Junior College, in Trinidad, CO. They have a huge collection of gun-related books, going back more than seventy years, but have limited funds to purchase new material to add to their publication holdings. I would encourage anyone who has the means to do so to donate new or used books to this library. I know that the students value this resource!

Military Rifle Journal
Back