Third Party Press

Volume II schedule

Won't be before the end of the year, worst case is 1st qtr of next year.

Volume 2 update

Ok guys here is an update on our progress.
Work is proceeding well and we have targeted the end of year to be at 90% or better.

This one is going to be big as we have projected page count at the maximum size our printer can cover, between 660-685 pages.

Thats about all I can cover now as its going to be a busy 6 months completing this monster.

Thanks for all the help from our forum members!

Bruce and Mike.

Hey you guys thinking of publishing this as a single volume? Or breaking it up into two? More expensive I am sure, but maybe easier to read?

If it's one volume, will be looking forward to getting my arm workout while I read....:thumbsup:

I have been very impressed with the quality of volumes 1 and 3, and can't wait for Vol. 2 to be published!! Thank you guys for what has to have
been a huge amount of work!

One suggestion: If Vol. 2 could be split into 2 books (Vol. 2A, Vol. 2B, or?), the binding would undergo much less stress and the books would hold
up better. I'm sure we would be very happy to pay extra for them to be in 2 volumes. These books are so well done that it would be a shame to
have one self-destruct prematurely due to size and weight!

In any case, thanks VERY much, and we sure appreciate your contributions to the field!

Sincerely,
John

We don't want to split the book into 2 - that would nearly double the print cost and buying cost for everyone. Besides, we are using a top quality US printing and binding company that makes college textbooks. We spend more money on high quality paper and machine sewn binding so it will NOT come apart from repeated use.

Bruce and I are getting close. Our original intention was to have the book ready for sale by December, but it's just an impossible task. If we weren't working full time jobs we could do it, but we have to eat and pay bills so off to work we go. If you know someone wanting the 3 volume set, they may not want to wait until Vol.2 hits. We are getting low on Vol.3 Kriegsmodell books, and are done with printing of Vol.1 and 3. I suspect Vol.3 will sell out soon after Vol.2 rush is over, with Vol.1 selling out sometime next year. We are not printing any more, this is it. When we do offer Vol.2, sales of Vol.1 and 3 will end for a short time so we can get all the books out, probably at least for a few months.

We will have a draft copy of the book at the Show of Shows, nearly a complete copy. Actually we'll probably print a couple and spiral bind them to pass around to prove this is happening....

Holy cow, we may be getting close to seeing the pile of mythical unicorn poop??? :biggrin1:

Can't wait Bruce and Mike!

Author's Limited Edition of 500

I purchase Vol. 1 & III as part of the "Authors Limited Edition of 500". Will I and the others that participated in this special purchase receive a mailed notice when the Vol. II is made available.
Thank you for this fine and demanding effort to produce the ultimate reference source for all things Mauser. I can not even imagine how much effort this project has required, or how much it has compromised your other activities.

I purchase Vol. 1 & III as part of the "Authors Limited Edition of 500". Will I and the others that participated in this special purchase receive a mailed notice when the Vol. II is made available.
Thank you for this fine and demanding effort to produce the ultimate reference source for all things Mauser. I can not even imagine how much effort this project has required, or how much it has compromised your other activities.

I'm wondering the same thing.

Yes, people who have numbered sets will be able to get the same number for Vol.2 - most likely when you order there will be a text area to add your serial number.

We won't be mailing anything out, the logistics of trying to keep track of who has what number turned out to be impossible, it's up to the individual to contact us or let us know when ordering.

Yes, people who have numbered sets will be able to get the same number for Vol.2 - most likely when you order there will be a text area to add your serial number.

We won't be mailing anything out, the logistics of trying to keep track of who has what number turned out to be impossible, it's up to the individual to contact us or let us know when ordering.

Fair enough, thanks.

Our original intent was December, but it isn't going to happen. Right now it looks like late spring next year. It's close, but the page count is growing, it's at nearly 750 now and it's a lot of work here at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can live with that. Will there be any updates of new info to the first 2 volumes, and how would you do that?

Still time to add your name to the contributors list?

I've been MIA so to speak for the last while....

Military Rifle Journal
Back