Third Party Press
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PwB = Polizeiwehr Bayern = Bavarian Protection Police

The Pw.B. was formed 1 Oct 1919; strength 4,500; redesignated as Landespolizei 26 Aug 1922. Marking regulations were issued 26 May 1920 and are reproduced in Wacker & Görtz, Handbuch Deutscher Waffenstempel. The PwB was issued pistols, carbines, MGs, bayonets and sabers. Specific types of weapons known to have been issued: P.08s, C96/16 (9x19), Mauser M14s, Sauer M13s, S98/05s, Sabers M73 (Bavarian), Kar 98as; see: Maus, History Writ in Steel. No LP08s or G98s reported.

Ortmeier & Lien, Verdeckt militärisch, in DWJ Juni 2012 gives following data:
    Strength of PwB 4,600 (3,000 from Munich, 1,600 from Franken); arms distribution (presumably initially):3,400 k98a; 3,400 pistols (types/quantities not specified),6,800 (!) sabers, ID'd as Bavarian M55s, 40 HMGs, 264 LMGs, 8 artillery pieces (types not specified), 8 Flammenwerfers, 12 Minenwerfers, grenades, some MP 18s.
    At least one Bavarian IOD M89 with PwB is reported elsewhere (Wacker & Götz, op. cit.)

WaPrüf2 posts on another thread, in the Imperial era section, deserved to be made a stand alone thread in the interwar section due to the details he provided on this subject. I will stick this thread and add some pictures of a rifle I once owned, not great pictures but better than nothing..
    Attached Images Attached Images

PwB ID and gun license.

signature: Hans Ritter von Seißer, commander of the PwB.
    Last edited by Amberg; 01-06-2013 at 07:27 AM.

What a great piece, I assume it is in some museum or collection. Not your image, as you take good pictures!

No, not from my collection. Not yet.
    With the next postings I'll show some more PwB stamps.
    All photos are shown with the permission of the owners.
    Thanks
    Wolf

scabbard for 98/05 from "sleepwalker".
    http://www.militaria-fundforum.de/sh...ht=polizeiwehr
    Last edited by Amberg; 01-09-2013 at 05:04 PM.

and a Sauer 1913 pistol from: "Photos and Collection of Martin "sauerfan" Krause".
    http://www.militaria-fundforum.de/sh...ht=polizeiwehr

Does Sleepwalker's bayonet have a "PwB" and a property marking (1920)? Or is it only the scabbard?

Bruce sold a bayonet back in 2007 that was PwB and unit marked, on ebay, he took terrible pictures of it back then, but these sometimes have unit markings that are more involved, sometimes just the PwB, plus some recordings I have saved I have doubts about. It could be the temporary or expedient nature of the organization but there is a good bit of inconsistency in how items were marked. (which makes it easier for character challenged individuals to turn a buck or two)