Third Party Press

International Orders update

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
I'm starting to get some emails from the International orders guys. I wanted to give some insight into how we are doing Internationals - we are handling them as first in/ first out. The International orders have turned out to be difficult due to the fact that we have to take the package to the counter with the customs form at which time they manually enter each one. They didn't want us dragging 10 boxes at at time (Bruce can't anyway, it's too heavy) so he's mailing 5 at a time. The early International orders are already shipped, as are most of the Canadian orders. One problem we had early on is the lines at the Post office before Christmas were long, and people hate you if you stand in line with boxes and boxes with reams of customs forms for the nice postal employee to fill out. Domestic orders are easy, we simply drop them in an overnight box at the post office.

Unlike the Domestic mailers, International orders will not get an email confirming shipment. That is due to the fact that there is no tracking on International orders. So, if you are waiting on an International order it may already be on the way. We beg for patience on these. If I had known the number of International orders we were going to get, I would have held off allowing International orders until January, as the lines are now thinned out enough and the domestic order situation is not overwhelming. Expect that next time for Volume 2.

I'm not sure how long it takes the packages to get from the US to your destination, and we know how anxious everyone is to get their book. We have even hired a person specifically to ship International boxes for us to speed up the process. If you just have to know the status of your individual shipment, I can have Bruce pull the customs form which has a number we may be able to track. However, this additional work for Bruce slows down the rest of the orders.

Hopefully ALL of the International orders will be shipped by the end of this week, including the ones we are still coming in. Thanks again for your patience, sorry the system is working slowly.

You are right, you can track the customs declarations number on overseas packages "if" the country sent to scans it, which many do not. In most cases the number will let you know its whereabouts within the US and when it leaves the US, but only a few countries reliably scan the number. The UK, Germany and France are the best, especially Germany and the UK (France is good on priority packages, not so good on 1st class)

Spain, Greece, Italy in Europe, most everywhere else in the southern hemisphere are unreliable at best; paypal is real risky to these countries, lots of "lost" packages.

Military Rifle Journal
Back