Third Party Press

Small error corrections

AndyB

Hello members, i asked authors for error corrections for Volume III.book, as i am working or collecting bayonets, i will made some notes about bayonet section,
-on page 337 is a table of 44 and 45 dated pieces S84/98, unfortunally the table was obsolete by printing of the book and some summaries are wrong mainly the % of production for each maker as the total will be 107%, i will publish here in next days the correction,
-on the same page is on end pictured a can marked scabbard with text, that they are completed with cof marked bayonets, i believe this is wrong information, because the can scabbards were completed with 44fnj and 44asw bayonets
best regards,Andy
here is the table upgraded

Attachments

• chart44.jpg
    chart44.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
One problematic piece is in section Commerzial rifles depicted on page 328, there is a Vz.24 rifle with 98k bolt and commerzial proofed barell. Same rifle is decribed on page 330, the reciever of the rifle is marked with 79601 serial number and similar is marked the buttstock, above the serial is a "unknown eagle " and circle M proofs, the barell is commerzially proofed in 1944, unfortunally this rifle is a czechoslovak export to Bolivia and was realised as one of 100000 rifles delivered in early 30ies, the eagle is probably a condor bird acceptance of Bolivia,same as the M circle proof. The barell must be replaced sometime postwar, as the delivery was realised normally in prewar period. Maybe John Wall has more info about it. best regards,Andy

Corrections

Andy we corrected this in the revised edition. Thanks!

One problematic piece is in section Commerzial rifles depicted on page 328, there is a Vz.24 rifle with 98k bolt and commerzial proofed barell. Same rifle is decribed on page 330, the reciever of the rifle is marked with 79601 serial number and similar is marked the buttstock, above the serial is a "unknown eagle " and circle M proofs, the barell is commerzially proofed in 1944, unfortunally this rifle is a czechoslovak export to Bolivia and was realised as one of 100000 rifles delivered in early 30ies, the eagle is probably a condor bird acceptance of Bolivia,same as the M circle proof. The barell must be replaced sometime postwar, as the delivery was realised normally in prewar period. Maybe John Wall has more info about it. best regards,Andy

Is there an available list of corrections for the revised edition Kriegsmodell book?

Military Rifle Journal
Back