Third Party Press

EWB (Einwohnerwehr Bayern) exhibit

Arms, badges and documents of the EWB to be shown at the Militaria Show at the Big E, West Springfield, MA, 5/6 June.
G98, K98a, P.08, LP.08, Bavarian contract Steyr M12, Revolver M79, C96; armbands; documents, posters, etc. Last time out for this roadshow.

If only we weren't the better part of 3k miles apart.. would love to see your display.

Might I suggest, you also place this on the more traveled forum, 98k and militaria perhaps?

Arms, badges and documents of the EWB to be shown at the Militaria Show at the Big E, West Springfield, MA, 5/6 June.
G98, K98a, P.08, LP.08, Bavarian contract Steyr M12, Revolver M79, C96; armbands; documents, posters, etc. Last time out for this roadshow.

If only we weren't the better part of 3k miles apart.. would love to see your display.

Might I suggest, you also place this on the more traveled forum, 98k and militaria perhaps?

Not familiar with these; already posted on GunBoards Shows and Mauser forums, if that's what you mean.

I meant the 98k (Rifles 1933 to 1945 - The Nazi Period) forum below this one, as it has 10x the posts and threads, and the militaria (MauserWW2 German Militaria) forum below as it is fairly popular too? (3x the threads).

Just a suggestion, as they have more traffic and perhaps might interest some that do not come to this forum.

Good luck with the display!

Not familiar with these; already posted on GunBoards Shows and Mauser forums, if that's what you mean.

EWB G98 For Sale

I have a EWB branded 1907 DWM G98 that was confiscated by the Weimar government and reworked with the S42 sight for reissue. It is not stamped 1920, and all the numbers match. I will have this rifle for sale along with the rest of my German guns, but I haven't settled on a price yet. If anyone is interested in discussing it, I'll shoot some pictures and send them off for approval. Contact me at
ebuist1825@aol.com.

The very few inventories of EWB stores which have been published show extremely small numbers of K98as in EWB service. The "German Civil War" was extensively photographed while it was going on and so far I have not seen any contemporary photos of EWB personnel armed with K98as.
The EWB also got various versions of the G88 series; I have not found or seen any here in the US yet although they have turned up in German auctions.
Reportedly an EWB K98a was sold in NH within the last 6 months. I found mine 30+ years ago and haven't seen another since.
Just as an odd note: the G98 shown in the exhibit is an Amberg and is as close to new as one could expect to find. The front sight is slotted for a hood but there are absolutely no other indicators of reworking on it.

Military Rifle Journal
Back